Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Hummer H3 2006 Lux - PCM Security Relearn Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 11:51 AM
Default Hummer H3 2006 Lux - PCM Security Relearn Issues?

Hey all, first time posting here and unfortunately one about issues. So I recently bought a PCM tune from then and went with the loaner program option. However, upon switching to the loaner PCM, efforts to initiate the security relearn seem fruitless as even after the recommmended 11 minutes and way beyond the security light never comes off. In addition, ABS and traction control lights also come on.

Given I've wanted to test out the loaner first before ultimately sending mine in to PCMofNC, I still have the original PCM. However, I attempted to switch back to the original stock PCM and seems like the same issue also comes up. From what I've noticed, all prongs on the PCMs themselves are in working order. However, the middle black PCM connection wire did seem a little loose, as when it was fully clipped with grey lever and red it was able to come off, so not sure if that may be the potential issue.

Plan is to call PCMofNC tomorrow and see what they think, and later ultimately figure out what to do from here. Biggest worry if I have to take this in somewhere is if they reflash the tuned PCM. I appreciate any help!

Old 11-08-2021, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

If the connectors can come off or be loose with the lever in the lock position, you did not plug them in straight and all the way.

Follow the instructions they give out. The re-learn may take 3-5 tries to work.

Old 11-09-2021, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
If the connectors can come off or be loose with the lever in the lock position, you did not plug them in straight and all the way.

Follow the instructions they give out. The re-learn may take 3-5 tries to work.
Yep, was able to confirm it was actually not pushed in all the way like I thought haha. Rookie mistake, but runs great now and turns out it doesn't actually need a security relearn.