Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Hummer didn't survive offloading last weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by The ///Man
Hard to brake anything with 2 open diffs since you can't get anywhere that will get you in trouble unless you are just being a jackass.
I think we all liked you a lot more last summer when you didn't post moronic crap regularly. Keep it ignorant bro

Old 06-20-2012, 06:32 PM

Am I lying? Tell me how you get anywhere with maybe 1 wheel pushing the car I you are lucky.

Last edited by The ///Man; 06-20-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:32 AM

Here is a stock Rubicon in action, Show me a stock Hummer even coming close. My Hummer has it's place, but I'm not living a lie.

Sean's Rubicon going up Waterfall - YouTube

Old 07-03-2012, 12:30 PM

A stock H3 with front and rear lockers will go just about any place a Rubicon can go. The Rubi benefits in some situations by the shorter wheel base giving it more clearance, but on the same note, the short WB Rubi's aren't as stable as the H3 in some situations. Check out a couple of these clips. A Rubi following some of the same lines would go tumbling.

HUMMER H3 at Durango - YouTube

Hummers on 7 Mile Rim, Moab, UT - YouTube

HUMMER H3 Alpha tackles Moab Hell's Revenge ESCALATOR!! - YouTube

...And your Rubi wasn't even stock. Aftermarket tires, armor, and a winch.

Last edited by Xlr8n; 07-03-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Xlr8n
A stock H3 with front and rear lockers will go just about any place a Rubicon can go. The Rubi benefits in some situations by the shorter wheel base giving it more clearance, but on the same note, the short WB Rubi's aren't as stable as the H3 in some situations. Check out a couple of these clips. A Rubi following some of the same lines would go tumbling.

HUMMER H3 at Durango - YouTube

Hummers on 7 Mile Rim, Moab, UT - YouTube

HUMMER H3 Alpha tackles Moab Hell's Revenge ESCALATOR!! - YouTube

...And your Rubi wasn't even stock. Aftermarket tires, armor, and a winch.

No, those are stock tires, just a different wheel, not sure what you mean by armor, possibly the factory rock rails? And the winch was not used, hell, the extra weight of the winch and bumper was probably hurting more than it helped because of lower clearance.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:43 PM

No, those are stock tires, just a different wheel, not sure what you mean by armor, possibly the factory rock rails? And the winch was not used, hell, the extra weight of the winch and bumper was probably hurting more than it helped because of lower clearance.
I stand corrected abou the tires. Modded JK or not, the newer H3's with F&R lockers would have no issues with that climb, contrary to your opinion and intent by posting that link. I answered by posting H3's doing similar climbs and decents with no issues. Comments?

I'm sure you can find about 100 youtube vids of Jeeps to every one of an H3, which is probably less the the actual ratio of Jeeps to H3 so you'll have the definate advantage there.

Make no mistake, I'm not bashing or diminishing the abilities of the Jeep Rubicon. I owned one for 4 years myself. But a locked H3 is nearly as capable in most offroad situations while providing many benefits of it's own on road. And I'll even venture to say an unlocked base H3 is probably more capable offroad than an unlocked TJ or JK...

Interesting thing about your comparison of the H3 to the JK/TJ, the H3 wasn't even designed or marketed as a direct competitor to the open top Jeeps but it still comes very close to them in offroad performance which is admirable with an IFS and the nearly 5k lb weight of a 4 door hardtop.
The H4 was to be the vehicle to compete with the Rubicons.

Last edited by Xlr8n; 07-03-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Xlr8n
I stand corrected abou the tires. Modded JK or not, the newer H3's with F&R lockers would have no issues with that climb, contrary to your opinion and intent by posting that link. I answered by posting H3's doing similar climbs and decents with no issues. Comments?

I'm sure you can find about 100 youtube vids of Jeeps to every one of an H3, which is probably less the the actual ratio of Jeeps to H3 so you'll have the definate advantage there.

Make no mistake, I'm not bashing or diminishing the abilities of the Jeep Rubicon. I owned one for 4 years myself. But a locked H3 is nearly as capable in most offroad situations while providing many benefits of it's own on road. And I'll even venture to say an unlocked base H3 is probably more capable offroad than an unlocked TJ or JK...

Interesting thing about your comparison of the H3 to the JK/TJ, the H3 wasn't even designed or marketed as a direct competitor to the open top Jeeps but it still comes very close to them in offroad performance which is admirable with an IFS and the nearly 5k lb weight of a 4 door hardtop.
The H4 was to be the vehicle to compete with the Rubicons.

Honestly I'm at work and look forward to watching the videos. I've been scouring the web looking for decent H3 videos. Trust me, I love my Hummer, I just don't expect a lot out of it.

Old 07-03-2012, 03:25 PM

I got a chance to watch, those videos aren't even close to the same, that's like driving up a steep driveway, lol.

Here's the same climb with a Land Cruiser on 40's

Fj40 end of southern alb nm solidtechperformance - YouTube

Old 07-03-2012, 04:10 PM

I got a chance to watch, those videos aren't even close to the same, that's like driving up a steep driveway, lol.

And here I thought we were beginning to engage in a relevant conversation about offroading and comparing vehicles....

Old 07-03-2012, 04:15 PM

Your kidding right? Time to put the pipe down dude.

Quick Reply: Hummer didn't survive offloading last weekend.