Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Hummer didn't survive offloading last weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Xlr8n
Understood and agree. The funny thing is the Jeep guys tromping down on the skinny pedal aren't doing it right either!
nothing wrong with tromping the skinny pedel in a jeep. but with the 3 its not a matter of not doing it cause its a great vehicle but its cause they break when you do.

Old 06-18-2012, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by mgoblue85
Aren't the tow rings to be used for pulling other vehicles out?
Yup That is why they are called "tow" hooks and not "to be towed" hooks

Old 06-18-2012, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by rckkrwler
nothing wrong with tromping the skinny pedel in a jeep. but with the 3 its not a matter of not doing it cause its a great vehicle but its cause they break when you do.
Troll much? Too bad you don't what you are talking about.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by 4x4MT92
I know this is kind of a flub of a first post.... but here it goes.

A Rubicon is equipped with Dana 44 axles front and rear, with a GAWR of 3500 pounds, and 4:10 gearing. 35's can be used with a basic chromoly axle-shaft upgrade, even with steel wheels. The beefy NV241OR transfer case is geared low enough to not require a re-gear for low range driving. Not many vehicles can handle a 35 stock anyway. Can the hummers? (nice tie rods....)

Any vehicle's brakes are inadequate with 35's if the vehicle was engineered to run a 29-31 inch tire stock, but a master cylinder and rear brake conversion can be done for cheaper than you think.

A stock TJ (SE even) CAN fit 33's, I wheel with a guy that drives a stock TJ with 33s, no rubbing with the right backspacing. And on lifted jeeps, an SYE isn't required until you reach the 4.5 inch range, and transfer-case drops are what people buy if they have never heard of a motor mount lift. Adjustable control arms are only necessary if you have to adjust caster to accommodate a more custom setup; any lift kit worth purchasing will come with a nice set of greasable control arms.

The problems you have encountered are tell tale signs of improper maintenance, and negligence during the break-in period. (especially if it was used lightly.) From what I have seen, Jeeps have been given credit where it was due, and criticism where the H3 outshines the Jeep.

In my experience in wheeling with the H3 and with the Jeeps, I found both to be great vehicles, both with downfalls, and both with features noteworthy. Bottom line..... Just because a guy once owned a jeep, doesn't mean he had the knowledge, or experience to make such claims. Can't we all just get along.
There is more misinformation about correctly setting up a TJ in your single post than I've ever witnessed in all my years of owning Jeeps. Luckily you are not on a Jeep forum.

Seems like the newbs are out in full force....

Old 06-18-2012, 12:34 PM

There is more misinformation about correctly setting up a TJ in your single post than I've ever witnessed in all my years of owning Jeeps. Luckily you are not on a Jeep forum.

thats probly the most accurate post about jeeps ive seen on here.

Old 06-18-2012, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by BLACKH3T
Troll much? Too bad you don't what you are talking about.
maybe i dont but hummer drivers proven not to know what they are talkin about with jeeps. point is they are both awesome off-road vehicles but ive seen mostly **** talk on jeeps here and theres no **** talk on hummers in jeep forums. and i say that cause me and my cousin went out in his hummer and snapped a tie rod in half trying to hill climb.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 PM

Stock vs stock, over generalization, based purely on offroad capability, given that examples are easily found where one :

Rubicon > H3/H3t adventure > H3/H3t > all other Jeeps

If swapping to larger tires and no other parts are changed is still considered stock, I'd put H3/H3t on 35's at the top.

But hey, what do I know. I've owned and wheeled 5 Jeeps (2 TJs, 2 XJs, 1 ZJ), 1 H3, 1 H3t but I don't consider myself an expert. Plenty of Jeep models I have no experience with.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:24 PM

Yeah... O.K. bud.... I wasn't here to step on toes, or argue. Stay ignorant my friend.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by rckkrwler

well you have never been wheeling with me. I have never broken anything on my 3 on the trail

Old 06-19-2012, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter
well you have never been wheeling with me. I have never broken anything on my 3 on the trail
Hard to break anything with 2 open diffs since you can't get anywhere that will get you in trouble unless you are just being a jackass.

Last edited by The ///Man; 06-20-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Hummer didn't survive offloading last weekend.