Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Default H3 bumper

Hey guys, we just finished and released our H3 front bumper and we are thinking of sponsoring the forum. We wanted to get some feedback on what the community thought about the H3 bumper first. Please feel free to comment.

Attached Thumbnails H3 bumper-img_3743.jpg   H3 bumper-img_3729.jpg   H3 bumper-img_3735.jpg  
Old 08-19-2009, 08:43 AM

I like it. Not too flashy or oversized.
Clean looking and yet functional.
Can't tell on my computer but is it powder coated or is that Line X?
Now the catch - COST??
How about a rear bumper and a roof rack too??
Nice work.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:07 AM

The bumper retail costs are $2750. We powdercoated it semi textured black. We are working on a rear bumper currently.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

You have a ton of work in that front bumper. I like the welded BG, with the top bar.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:39 PM

I like the look, it fills the gap left by the SMA bar when it went out of production.

Are the bumper hole cutouts set up for the factory foglamps?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:48 PM

Looks like your guys' stuff.

I'm more fond of cleaner looking stuff, a cheaper 2nd version would be cool with out the tubing, and the top flat to fit the body line better. Then again i dont have 3k for a front bumper anyways.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:40 PM

I like the bumper but that is out of my price range. Great work though.

Old 08-21-2009, 03:18 AM

Ouch, $2700 and that's not retail yet? Not trying to be critical, but will there be a crowd looking for a bumper in that price? I've been talking back and forth with Christian from THOR parts and going over prices for custom bumpers; they (bumpers) really need to come in at much lower cost than that to sell and be profitable.
I modded my 3 to accept a Jeep Wrangler Fab Fours, which some think is missing the outer fender protection, and I felt it was a bit high priced at $700, which was heavily discounted. Originally I had hired a custom builder to make a bumper with a similar design as yours, though much less meaty, and that ticket was coming in at $1400 w/powder coating installed out the door. And I felt that was pretty steep.
What's the weight on your design? Weight's a huge factor on the massively underpowered 06's, not sure if it's much better for the 3.7L on later models.
I do like the lower portion of the bumper, I just think the tubing is way over the top and way too much for the smaller proporsions of the 3.
There's an older post on this forum covering my bumper buildup if you want to take a look at the original design I was going with to what I have now. You might be able to get an idea or two. If you want any pics, PM me, or even contact Christian at THOR parts for some of his ideas.
Good luck!

Old 08-21-2009, 09:37 AM

Can you post more pics? Like a str8 shot, not lower angle, I want to look at that gab by the center section of the grille. Also a side shot to see how far out it comes... and I see the holes for the fairlead but where does the winch mount? Thanks alot
-Dan

Old 08-22-2009, 08:43 AM
Default bumper

you can still get a BA bumper with a winch for under $500, and they are a cleaner looking bumper. I don't think there is much of a market at that price.

Quick Reply: H3 bumper