Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Gobi Dealer Arizona??

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Default Gobi Dealer Arizona??

Hi folks, I'm looking for some gear for my 09 H3 Alpha Adventure. In particular a Gobi Stealth Rack. Anyone know of any dealers in AZ, I'm never there to recieve shipments, I need a storefront! Also decent rock sliders. I looked at Desert Rat online, nothing, 4wdparts, nothing... suggestions? Thanks.

Old 09-24-2012, 01:07 PM

Bump!! No one??

Old 09-25-2012, 08:42 AM

8lug,
Welcome to the forum. Not sure there are any retail 4WD stores that would have Gobi Stealths on display or in stock here in AZ. They are usually built upon order for H3s because of the small market. You might be able to find a used one in the Phoenix area. I found a used Gobi Ranger for my wife's H3 in Glendale.

I'm down in Tucson. If interested, send me a PM or email, as I have a friend that can order the rack directly from Gobi. That's where I got the stealth rack for my H3T.

As far as H3 rock sliders go, it's the same story - none to be found in any AZ stores (except maybe the OEM sliders at a local GM dealer BUT YOU WILL PAY THROUGH THE NOSE AT THE DEALER) but can easily be found on Ebay - where you have 3 brands to choose from:

1) GM OEM H3 sliders (at a really good price IMO). I have a set of these on my 09 H3 Championship edition as well as on my wife's H3:
Hummer H3 rocker panel protector set, Smoke gray 12498471 California (R19A) | eBay

2) Schwarttzy's Sliders (these are very well made but a little more expensive):
H3 Hummer Heavy Duty Rock Sliders Rocker Panel Protectioin *WILL SHIP* | eBay

3) Rocky Road sliders (that a lot of H3 owners swear by and according to many, are better/stronger than the OEM sliders but if bent up by a big rock, the slider mount arms can make contact with and damage/bend the underbody panel seams of your rig):
Hummer H3 Rockrails, Rock Sliders, Supersliders | eBay

Let us know if you have any questions. Many have found that the GM OEM sliders are more than adequate. I have a set of Ridge Demon Rock Basher sliders on my H3T that are the best sliders ever designed and made for the H3/H3T but they aren't being made any more. Perhaps some day. Hope this helps.

Old 09-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

I have had the Rocky Roads on my h3 Alpha for years. They have seen quite a bit of abuse and have held up well.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bigunit
8lug,
Welcome to the forum. Not sure there are any retail 4WD stores that would have Gobi Stealths on display or in stock here in AZ. They are usually built upon order for H3s because of the small market. You might be able to find a used one in the Phoenix area. I found a used Gobi Ranger for my wife's H3 in Glendale.

I'm down in Tucson. If interested, send me a PM or email, as I have a friend that can order the rack directly from Gobi. That's where I got the stealth rack for my H3T.

As far as H3 rock sliders go, it's the same story - none to be found in any AZ stores (except maybe the OEM sliders at a local GM dealer BUT YOU WILL PAY THROUGH THE NOSE AT THE DEALER) but can easily be found on Ebay - where you have 3 brands to choose from:

1) GM OEM H3 sliders (at a really good price IMO). I have a set of these on my 09 H3 Championship edition as well as on my wife's H3:
Hummer H3 rocker panel protector set, Smoke gray 12498471 California (R19A) | eBay

2) Schwarttzy's Sliders (these are very well made but a little more expensive):
H3 Hummer Heavy Duty Rock Sliders Rocker Panel Protectioin *WILL SHIP* | eBay

3) Rocky Road sliders (that a lot of H3 owners swear by and according to many, are better/stronger than the OEM sliders but if bent up by a big rock, the slider mount arms can make contact with and damage/bend the underbody panel seams of your rig):
Hummer H3 Rockrails, Rock Sliders, Supersliders | eBay

Let us know if you have any questions. Many have found that the GM OEM sliders are more than adequate. I have a set of Ridge Demon Rock Basher sliders on my H3T that are the best sliders ever designed and made for the H3/H3T but they aren't being made any more. Perhaps some day. Hope this helps.
Thanks Big! I'll email you! I was thinking of hitting up Rice Peak around Oct 6th so I'd be in the area. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by 8lug
Thanks Big! I'll email you! I was thinking of hitting up Rice Peak around Oct 6th so I'd be in the area. Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
Thanks 8lug, I'd definitely be up for a Rice Peak run! Here's a good shot of the valley from the road up to Rice Peak.

Last edited by Bigunit; 09-25-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:26 PM

Here are a couple of pics of my rig with the Ridge Demon Rock Basher sliders that I mentioned.
Name:  Moab411bigunitsteelbenderhummjaypic-2-1.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  68.1 KB
Name:  2012-02-04_13-35-28_796.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  95.9 KB
Name:  2012-02-04_13-37-40_309.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  226.7 KB

Here are a couple with the Gobi Stealth rack on the T.
Name:  _DSC0217.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  382.3 KB
Name:  _DSC0063.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  397.5 KB

Last edited by Bigunit; 09-25-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM

Wicked!! Nice truck! Thanks Big, I need one of those Racks, I think I'm going to get IronBull to build me a winch bumper as well.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:32 PM

Plus I feel naked without sliders!

Old 09-25-2012, 06:48 PM

The Iron Bull bumpers are sweet! A fellow H3 owner/friend there in Phoenix has one. I'm sure that you will be meeting and wheeling with him soon if you haven't done so already. His IB winch bumper is a BEAST and is very well made. Here's a pic of his bumper:

Quick Reply: Gobi Dealer Arizona??