Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Frequent Battery Down

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 04:30 PM
Default Frequent Battery Down

Hello Hummer Friends- Happy new year 2021, I hope we all will have a covidfree year for driving
I have 2 questions if i can get some help and recommendations,
1. My H3 2006 battery goes down frequently, like if I don't drive for a day or 2, the entire battery gets drained out, then i will need to jump start.
I check ed lights and everything is switched off. but recently i noticed even if i take off the key , the radio/CD system is shows a red light all the times, and some noise of CD changer inside. I am attaching a picture for ready reference.
Can it be the one consuming battery ? My alternator is brand new replaced last year and battery still in good shape when it is fully charged, It holds the charge very well.

Point #2 is regarding ONSTAR READY,... hell ....this is annoying, Once a while in every other day, it kicks on by itself and starts saying ON STAR READY, I never do nothing with ON STAR ever, but still it starts speaking until i switch off the engine and take the keys off,
This problem doesn't go at all, I want to disconnect and get rid off ON STAR permanently, can somebody help how can I do by myself ? I don't wanna spend 200 bucks at GM service center.
thanks,
mandeep

Old 01-10-2021, 05:30 PM

Sounds like you have a short circuit in your dash. Did you or someone install a radio or something that may have crossed some wires?

Your On Star should certainly not be activated on its own.

Old 01-10-2021, 05:39 PM

If the RAP (retained accessory power) is working correctly, it should cut-off power about 20 minutes after the ignition is switched off regardless of the door being opened. The door switch is OK if it turns the interior light on. Check the RAP function by turning on the front wipers with the key ON, then turn the key OFF and open the door. The wipers should stay on until the door opens. If they don't stop, check the RAP relay (fuse block), or have the BCM checked.If the stereo is aftermarket, the installer may have cut costs with a cheap harness that bypasses the BCM data link needed for RAP to control the audio head.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:05 PM

Also:
Originally Posted by Doc Olds
The more important question is: are you still using the OEM Crappy Azzed Battery Terminal Connectors? If yes, hack them off immediately and replace with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers.
Btw, you posted in the wrong forum.

Old 01-11-2021, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by wpage
Sounds like you have a short circuit in your dash. Did you or someone install a radio or something that may have crossed some wires?

Your On Star should certainly not be activated on its own.
Thank you fr your rsponse Sir,
No I did not do anything in the dashboard, I just tried blue tooth attachment but it is all plug in, nothing to play with the wiring. There was some water entry from the ceiling, may be that may have caused some short circuit, I am not sure.