Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Finally, a fix for clogged sunroof drain tubes

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by zksray
This is exact reason I elected NO SUNROOF. As a female Hummer H3 Enthusiast, I cannot deal with incidents like this, so I eliminate the possibility. I own a Hummer H3 because I feel more safe amongst crazy- reckless drivers. Anyone know a trustworthy repair shop for H3's near Plano, TX? EOM
Welcome.

First ... DO NOT Post in the FAQ section, as in nothing, .... you clearly did not READ where it tells you NOT to do so.
Second, why are you posting in this thread, it is about the fix for clogged sunroof drains and you do NOT have a sunroof so you have zero to add to the topic.
Third, working on an H3 is near identical to working on any GM truck of similar vintage, nothing special going on.

Avoid digging up OLD threads, stick to the H3 section where all H3 questions go.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:40 AM

I must pitch in my .02. on this. A few weeks ago when I got in my H3, I noticed moisture on the dash class beside the tachometer. I just wiped it off with a paper towel. several times. So a leak is somewhere. The drivers floor was dry. I checked the rear drivers side -passenger floor, dry. I checked the front passenger floor , dry. Checked passenger side rear and carpet was very wet. Took out carpet and hung in garage to dry. There was so much water in the foot well fish could swim. Got it all dried out. Now I know the sunroof is leaking. I'm not a fan of sunroof's. Never open them. I have another car with one, never open it or slide back the shade. My H3 came with one, so I live with it. never open are slide back shade. Found this nice thread on how to clean out the drains. I may do this summer, maybe not. I calked the sunroof shut. No water in H3. Very good calking. This is a very good thread if one wishes to do. I don't know about the .95 weed Wacker.

Old 04-13-2022, 11:51 AM

ATTENTION DOC.....I was re-reading my 10 year old thread on sunroof leak fix and noticed that when you click on the thumbnail pics I posted they no longer open in a new window to full size (maybe it's just MY computer?). They're pretty much useless, as small as they are, for a good visual of the procedure. Is this because the thread is so old? Can it be fixed? Thanks!

Old 04-13-2022, 02:22 PM

sounds like the right rear sunroof drain could be disconnected or maybe a roof rail screw

Old 04-13-2022, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
ATTENTION DOC.....I was re-reading my 10 year old thread on sunroof leak fix and noticed that when you click on the thumbnail pics I posted they no longer open in a new window to full size (maybe it's just MY computer?). They're pretty much useless, as small as they are, for a good visual of the procedure. Is this because the thread is so old? Can it be fixed? Thanks!
It is just your computer, works just fine for mine. Depending upon your browser settings, you can right click and open in a new tab or window too.

Old 04-13-2022, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Broken Halo
Same here, yet according to thread below you need "IMJUR" to open. No thanks!

Thumbnails not opening

Old 04-13-2022, 05:01 PM

Imgur

Data breach

On November 23, 2017, Imgur was notified of a potential security breach that had occurred in 2014 and affected the email addresses and passwords of 1.7 million user accounts. On November 24, 2017, Imgur began notifying affected users via their registered email address to change their password.

Old 04-13-2022, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
It is just your computer, works just fine for mine. Depending upon your browser settings, you can right click and open in a new tab or window too.
Yep....'Open Link In New Tab' and 'Open Link In New Window' both worked. Strange, never had to do that before, only had to double click on the Thumbnail. Thanks!

Old 04-13-2022, 05:25 PM

Tracking cookies are a specialized type of cookie that can be shared by more than one website or service. They are commonly used for marketing and advertising purposes, but because they contain a history of the user's actions on multiple sites, they may be exploited or misused to track the user's behavior.

Old 05-14-2022, 08:19 PM

To preface this, if I could have found a solid roof Alpha, I would have, but had to settle for one with a sunroof.

After the first storm since I got it, I found the passenger floorboard to have a fair amount of water in it. Glad I had put in the rubber mats and they are deep enough to contain it.
So I figured I was looking forward to cleaning and doing the "X-fix" on the grommets with the excellent tip in this thead.

However, I thought about it and came up with another idea. Will not be right for a lot of people, but maybe a few.
I have firm plans to never use the thing, I don't even slide the cover back.

What if I were to mask it off really carefully, then use some Flex-Seal, spray or brush-on, and neatly surround the entire outside edge of the sunroof with it?
Wouldn't have to be wide, just spanning the inside edges of the cutout to just over the edge of the glass.

I am thinking it will seal it completely, but could probably be peeled off later if needed.
What do you all think?

Quick Reply: Finally, a fix for clogged sunroof drain tubes