Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Efan Conversion/Jet Mass Air Sensor!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gsxrfalcon
I'm in ky, ive seen 220
I did see 219 one time before the fan started in Southern PA (that is roughly the 3/4 mark on the idiot gauge), but so what? Overheat protection doesn't kick in until 245F. The 3 will first shut off the A/C if it was on, then if temp still rises, display "ENG HOT" in the DIC and chime, then if temp does not fall, go into reduced power, all before reaching an actual overheat situation at 260F +.

Not directing this at you, but many people are just paranoid about driving the H3 at the 3/4 mark on the temp gauge somehow thinking that is too close to overheating?

Old 05-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Default yep

And i am 1.. especially when its hot out and i have my son with me

Last edited by gsxrfalcon; 05-22-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old 05-23-2012, 11:51 AM

I am going to do the Efan conversion and exhaust before I send my PCM back for a new tune. I think doing these upgrades before its tune is a must. In all I have intake with throttle body spacer and tune PCM.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:08 AM

Doc... I have install the Efan finally. But I have a surging going to at idle. Goes to from 1k to 1.5k? Also what temp does it need to say on the gauge before the fan cuts on? I think I might have hooked the pink wire into the wrong pin. I am going to double check this and hope that this is my problem and why it is surging...

Old 02-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MeBelovinMyH3
Doc... I have install the Efan finally. But I have a surging going to at idle. Goes to from 1k to 1.5k? Also what temp does it need to say on the gauge before the fan cuts on? I think I might have hooked the pink wire into the wrong pin. I am going to double check this and hope that this is my problem and why it is surging...
Definitely double check the pin connection you made.

The fan does not come on ever in the winter (had mine two years this month), never kicked on until mid March when first installed. Anyways, the idiot gauge shows just a bit over half when the fan turns on, and when cool out will draw down temp quickly. In the hot muggy summer with AC on, it sometimes runs many minutes at a time.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM

ok I have double checked the connections. Everything seems to be right! I wonder why I am getting a surge.. Here are some pictures! Also does your temp sensor look like the one in the picture? I called PCM4Less and said that was fine.

Attached Thumbnails Efan Conversion/Jet Mass Air Sensor!!-img_0367.jpg   Efan Conversion/Jet Mass Air Sensor!!-img_0368.jpg   Efan Conversion/Jet Mass Air Sensor!!-img_0370.jpg  
Old 02-26-2013, 01:32 PM

Good news is everything is working!! I was degreasing my power steering pump and then washed it down. Guess I got something wet. The the temp does get almost 3/4 of the way before it cuts on. I am looking at the scan gauge II now lol

Old 02-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MeBelovinMyH3
Here are some pictures! Also does your temp sensor look like the one in the picture? I called PCM4Less and said that was fine.
Yep, same sensor in threaded adapter to CNC in line fitting.
Name:  DSCN0122.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  62.8 KB

I did not tap into the AC clutch feed (chose not to) and will be using that in my manual on/off/on with sensor input switch.... if I EVER get around to it. Right now my truck has been in a heated garage since the Holidays with a 70 Olds taking a rest from this miserable weather while I am working on an old Harley at home.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:29 PM

my scan gauge 2 will be here friday

Old 03-08-2013, 11:35 AM

Hey doc, I have a question about the pcm efan, how does it work in water and mud? Do you have a cut off switch for it, or it works just fine for that. I am worried about off roading in the summer and going thru a water crossing or getting mud on/ in it. Also some people say that it doesn't cool as good, do you fee it does? thanks!

Quick Reply: Efan Conversion/Jet Mass Air Sensor!!