Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Efan Conversion/Jet Mass Air Sensor!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Default Efan Conversion/Jet Mass Air Sensor!!

Just wondering about the conversion.. I think it is going to be the next upgrade I do. Has anyone just made there own Efan or did most people just by the pcmforless fan? The pcmforless seem a little expensive for what it contains. Being that it is just a piece of plastic that the fan is bolted to! Also, anyone have the jet mass air sensor installed?

Thanks Guys!!

Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

The PCMforless Efan has no plastic involved, powder coated laser cut steel. SuperModulation makes one with a plastic shroud, it was about $100 more than the PCMforless Efan, but I have not checked for current price.

The Jet MAF is just used to "trick" the PCM to think that MAF readings are different then they actually are. In other words, it sends different voltage to the PCM so it seams as if inlet air is cooler than it is, so the PCM can slide up the spark and fuel trim tables. Not that much different than the ebay tuner diode thing. Problem: when it is very hot outside (mid summer muggy), the trick allows the motor to try to make more power, making power with just spark timing and fuel creates more heat, shifting load to the cooling system while you are already taxing it running the AC. No thanks.

IMHO, skip the trick, stick with the full PCM tune.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:39 PM

Ok cool.. No jet for me then lol I have the pcm tune.. But it seems a little sluggish now that I have put 17' with 295 on. So rather going to just buy Hp tuner or call pcmforless back and see what can be done about getting another tune.

Thanks for ur info Olds..

Old 05-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Call PCMforless, or email them, if you changed tires since the tune, you can do the loaner program again to add in the new tire size.

I run 305s, and my 07 absolutely screams!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:46 AM

Ok I will! I just bought another pcm from pcmforless. So I had a back up, just incase of failure or what not. Think I might go ahead and do exhaust and efan before I send it off.. Knock that out the way when it is there!!

Old 05-18-2012, 08:33 PM

Who has the E-fan? I bought a Ron Davis rad and he said to leave clutch fan in that it would cool better. I want the E-fan, but I need her to stay cool more than I want the E-fan. I need some feed back please.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:10 PM
Default E-fan

I tried it in a I5. You can"t climb or tow.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gsxrfalcon
I tried it in a I5. You can"t climb or tow.
I do not know what you tried, but I have had the PCMforless Efan conversion for 15 months. It works perfectly, wheels fine, and tows fine, absolutely no heat issues.

Might be a bit more careful for the Southern sun belt, but for me in MI, it works as good as the clutch fan.

I have a scan gauge II so I can see exactly what my temps are, comes on at 204F, goes off at 193F. Rock crawling and long grades just make it come on longer, always pulls down the temp.

Old 05-22-2012, 07:40 AM
Default ky

I'm in ky, ive seen 220

Old 05-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Default doc

I also have a scan gauge. I am on my second h3. I have noticed. The condenser is close to the radiator. Physics tells me that that is the issue with h3 's running on the warm sidr'

Quick Reply: Efan Conversion/Jet Mass Air Sensor!!