Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

CSF radiator replacement for H3/H3T

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 08:06 AM

From what I could see the leak was somewhere on the passenger side. The leak was not at the very top or anywhere I could see. The radiator and leaking transmission hoses are getting replaced Monday using GM parts. I'll get more info Monday. I'll see if it can be determined if the leak caused by damage or defect. If it's a defect I may not do anything. I don't want to spend hours dealing with this.

Old 03-27-2016, 12:00 PM

For a $500 radiator, I'd sure hope it wasn't a defect.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:58 PM

The mechanic found that the core was oozing on the passenger side. He said he see no physical damage anywhere. He says it's most likely a bad weld. The leak was about 2 inches down on the far passenger side. It was in a hidden behind the side cover. I purchased the radiator 07.07.2015 from G-Style. If I get a replacement I'll sell it at a big discount.

Old 03-29-2016, 07:34 AM
rsc

Drain it, re-weld it and enjoy. Cheaper than a new one, especially if you pull it yourself (very easy job). On a side note, I was researching some info on Loctite applications yesterday...you might be able to seal the leak with Loctite 603 or 680 and the accelerator spray if you cleaned the pin holes up with acetone first.

Old 03-30-2016, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Gomer
Since this topic is about radiators I got a question I need answered asap. I just returned from having mine replaced along with the thermostat. I have a 2006 and had it replaced with another stock plastic one but it looks a little different from the original that was in there. Looks like the one that has the little bracket in the middle that sticks up. Old one didn't have that. Their part number says WP 25964054. Anyhow I noticed while driving home my temp gage now is above the half mark but below the 3/4 mark. Is this normal? It was never like that before, it was always below the half mark and even in summer never went that high. Could the wires be crossed or could it be due to a redesign of the radiator? Do ya think I should be concerned? Please let me know when possible. Thanks.
From what I've read over the years, many people get a gauge reading around 3/4. This appears to be normal. Mine is under 1/2 and I'm getting p0128. Replacing the thermostat ASAP

Old 03-30-2016, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gomer
Since this topic is about radiators I got a question I need answered asap. I just returned from having mine replaced along with the thermostat. I have a 2006 and had it replaced with another stock plastic one but it looks a little different from the original that was in there. Looks like the one that has the little bracket in the middle that sticks up. Old one didn't have that. Their part number says WP 25964054. Anyhow I noticed while driving home my temp gage now is above the half mark but below the 3/4 mark. Is this normal? It was never like that before, it was always below the half mark and even in summer never went that high. Could the wires be crossed or could it be due to a redesign of the radiator? Do ya think I should be concerned? Please let me know when possible. Thanks.
This is not the correct thread to post your question, this is about CSF Replacement Radiators, do you have one?

Like was said in about 6 bazillion other threads where it has been beaten like a dead horse, yes 3/4 on the dash gauge is NORMAL. The new T Stats run 190-195F, the originals ran 185-190F. Be concerned if the dash gauge points in the RED, until then....... chill...... bada boom.
That was a pun.

There are other threads explaining the multiple layers of overheat protection programmed into the 3s.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:31 PM

Thanks I deleted the other post I didn't mean to hijack the thread. It looked like it was over and since it was on the topic of a radiator I didn't see the need for a new post. Anyway. What you said was confirmed when they hooked it up to the scan tool. Thanks for your replies though.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:51 PM

I had a CSF installed a few months ago. During an oil change noticed two leaks, at the seams at bottom left and right side. CSF sent me a new radiator. Only downside is I have to pay $200 to install the new one. Side note.......does anyone want a slightly used CSF radiator? I think some simply welds should solve the problem.

Old 05-16-2016, 09:30 AM

I'll take it. Sent you a PM.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:21 AM

hehe nice!! My OEM radiator in my alpha decided to show it has a crack at the top.. the typical BS... so looks like this is a help as I am in the market for a radiator now.

Thanks for the info on this thread!

BTW anyone up north around Detroit area? Im moving there in 3 months for work (transfered) and since im changing coolant obviously should I do the 50/50 mix or should I be looking at another ratio since im coming from more south climate to the cold north. any advise there would be helpful!

Quick Reply: CSF radiator replacement for H3/H3T