Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

CSF radiator replacement for H3/H3T

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:46 PM

That's NICE!!! Time to go hit my stock unit with a hammer and tell the wife I need to replace it with this lol lol.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:33 AM

No bro, don't do it!....

But we'd all understand if you did......

Old 01-30-2015, 07:34 PM
rsc

I've gotta bump this up cuz I think I'm gonna have to get one of these this summer. Just to see if it really will cool better.

Old 01-30-2015, 08:27 PM

This looks like the way to go for sure, but I need to get one soon, dont know if I can wait that long.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:34 AM

dang it. I just replaced mine in October.

Old 01-31-2015, 11:41 AM
rsc

Sell it to someone who hasn't seen these yet

Old 01-31-2015, 12:23 PM
rsc

I saw an all aluminum H3 rad on ebay this morning for about $170, don't think its this one though.

Old 01-31-2015, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by CBphoto
This info from manufacturer:

CNC machined mounting pin - The aluminum tank + this robust mounting pin will last the lifetime of the vehicle, and take care of the original units biggest weakness of a cracking top tank..
Hell of a nice looking radiator almost makes you want to chrome out the motor compartment...... Almost
Wondering what type of warranty their offering with this radiator sounds like their saying a lifetime... are they gonna really back that up with a warranty ?

Old 01-31-2015, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by hum4me
Hell of a nice looking radiator almost makes you want to chrome out the motor compartment...... Almost
Wondering what type of warranty their offering with this radiator sounds like their saying a lifetime... are they gonna really back that up with a warranty ?
Took abut 30 seconds of searching:

Warranty Information

CSF takes pride in the quality of its products and offers one of the best warranty's in the industry. Please refer to the warranty card in the shipping carton for details.

CSF's warranty is applicable only to the original owner of the vehicle. Original paper work verifying the proof of purchase and pre-installation cooling system checklist signed by the professional installer is required to process warranty claims.

All warranty claims should be directed to the point of purchase. Take care of your radiator, as under the circumstances listed below the warranty is void:

Warranty Busters

If the radiator is installed and returns deformed (bulging tanks, warped core etc) it is an indication that the radiator is the victim of some other problem not the cause. The deformation is a result of the radiator being subjected to extremely high pressure and or temperature caused by any of the following reasons: Defective Pressure Cap, Defective Head Gasket, Defective Temperature gauge (incorrect readings), Defective Water Pump etc. Such units are not covered under the warranty.

If a radiator seems to have a "fit problem" there is the possibility that there is some confusion about a multi-fit radiator that might look different. Your nearest CSF WD can clarify the application, just give them a call. A perceived fit problem is not covered under warranty.

If a unit is damaged in shipping, please file a claim with the carrier. Damages caused during shipping, installation or handling are not covered under warranty.

Any repairs or alterations to the unit will automatically void the warranty.

Any form of abuse, including the use of improper coolant mixtures, damage caused by steam, corrosion etc and use on commercial vehicles voids the warranty. It is the vehicle owners’ responsibility to maintain the cooling system as specified in the owners manual.

Correct Antifreeze Coolant

It is very important that you use the correct antifreeze coolant (A/FC) for your radiator. All quality A/FC ‘s will provide both freeze-up and boil-over protection (see A/FC bottle for details). A/FC’s must also provide anti-corrosion protection for the metals of your radiator and cooling passages within your vehicles engine. The type of metal core on the radiator determines the type of coolant that should be used.

Core Type Coolant Type
Copper-Brass core GM 6038 or equivalent or Hybrid Anti Freeze. Coolant like Valvoline G05.
Aluminum Core GM 6043 or equivalent or Extended Life. Anti Freeze Coolants like Dexcool or other Organic coolants or Hybrid Anti Freezes like Valvoline G05.

When a new radiator is installed, CSF requires a complete flush and fill utilizing new coolant mixed 50/50 with distilled, deionized or demineralized water. Using the wrong coolant may result in corrosion, which can cause core leaks or other cooling system damage and will void the warranty.

Last edited by TAINTER; 01-31-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:22 PM

Lots of rules, I know.....but still a great product. I've been watching the temp gauge carefully when I drive that H3, it runs at about 1/4 temp most of the time, until you stop. Then it sits at the normal 1/2 mark. Usually I see them running at 1/2 temp even on the highway, so this one seems to run a lot cooler!

Quick Reply: CSF radiator replacement for H3/H3T