Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Cranks, starts, dies, then won't crank

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by raceit17
I never said the open recalls had anything to do with them, just simply stating that it needed to go to the dealership anyway, so why not let them diagnose the problem I was having and kill 2 birds with one stone?
But since you were not at my house working on it or at the dealership working on it, I'd say I'm 99.9% sure your 99.9% is about as accurate as Dr. Fouci. Maybe you should take up becoming a meteorologist with those percentages and guestimations ???
I don't care about the china-virus nor weather. I'm retired as a professional Master Tech / Service Advisor, yet I'm still available, for family and friends+

Old 06-22-2021, 02:49 AM
Default H3 won't start

Hello
i have h3 year 2006 start and stop direct .the diag show error p0601 ecu total memory control error.
how can i solve it please

Old 06-22-2021, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

What the P0601 code means

The P0601 diagnostic trouble code is set when a memory check sum error is detected with the internal control module. This is a error internal to the ECU and is found when the ECU performs self-checks. P0601 then causes the Check Engine Light to illuminate and failsafe mode to become enabled until normal operation resumes or the code is repaired.

What causes the P0601 code?

The most common causes of the P0601 code are:
  • ECU failing or has failed
  • Low voltage to the ECU

What are the symptoms of the P0601 code?

Symptoms can vary greatly with ECU codes and some symptoms can be very erratic and intermittent such as:
  • Check Engine Light illuminated on the dashboard
  • ABS and traction control systems lights are on
  • Vehicle may not shift properly
  • The vehicle may struggle to stay running or die while running
  • Engine may not start

How does a mechanic diagnose the P0601 code?

• A mechanic will begin by hooking up a scan tool to the DLC port and checking for all codes preset including history and pending code.
  • Next, freeze frame data will be noted for every code. This information is critical as it tells us what conditions, such as RPM, engine load, and coolant temperature the vehicle was under when the code was set.
  • All codes will then be cleared and taken on a test drive to confirm any issues found, the test drive should be under similar circumstances to when the code was set.
  • Next, a visual inspection will be performed to look for any damaged wiring or circuits.
  • Then, a multimeter will be used to check for proper voltage supply going to the ECU.
  • Lastly, the ECU will need to be tested. Each vehicle has its own testing procedures for the ECU.

Old 06-22-2021, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Start by replacing your crappy azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors, then check the wiring harness to the PCM. Easy stuff first.