Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

BOULDER ACCESSORIES BUMPER/BRUSHGUARD w/ WINCH

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Default BOULDER ACCESSORIES BUMPER/BRUSHGUARD w/ WINCH

Does anyone have this combo? How was the installation extensive wise? What would you say the overall quality is? Just looking for a little feedback before purchasing... Thanks alot everyone.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5797/B352834CE8D347F181875CEA5F69B9C6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2008, 08:53 AM
Default RE: BOULDER ACCESSORIES BUMPER/BRUSHGUARD w/ WINCH

Mine is being delivered today, and I plan to install it this afternoon.

Here's a post by bennersj that installed it on his H3: http://www.clubhummeroffroad.com/for...ead.php?t=2256

Looks like he's also on this forum as well. Maybe he can give some good info about installation.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:31 AM

Thanks alot, I went through his pics, thing looks sweet... now the only question is do I keep the chrome grill or go black? lol... goodluck with yours I'll put in my order tomorrow

Old 11-11-2008, 09:34 AM

Yeah, same dilemma here. I am not much of a chrome person and the only thing on my H3 that's chrome is the grille. I am going to get some KMC Rockstars in black as well. I will have to see how the chrome grille looks when the bumper and wheels are on to make a final deicision, but I'm leaning towards the all black look.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:41 AM

Yeah same here, Im not really big into chrome, but some doesn't bother me... I might keep it, I still have stock rims, but I kinda wanna go with some teflon coated flat black american racing rims I found on JEGS. I already have some factory chrome on GASP the interior... I wish someone made a nice flat black interior trim that would be sweet... I guess I'll play it by ear... if the install isnt too bad than I'll keep the grill until the prices go down on a prepainted one... $300 plus seems alittle too high for a piece of plastic.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:08 PM

I work at a Hummer dealer and we have one of these units on our06 H3 parts truckand it works quite well. We had it at out last hummer happening and it worked well other than we needed to attach theH3 to a tree to help a couple of trucks out of the mud. It looks well built and installed pretty easy (not by me though). Steve

Old 11-11-2008, 07:00 PM

I added a brush guard to the front myself, I got it off eBay for around $200.00$250.00 delivered, after a couple of days of looking at it sitting in my living room, my son and I put it on, it was super easy, basically all you need to do is remove the bolts that hold the front tow hooks on, then remove the bolts that hold the tow hook brackets, there are two large bolts and one smaller torx screw, now using the same bolts along with a spacer put the grill in place, tighten it down good, then put the hooksback on with the cross bolts you took off first, that all there is to it. Yesterday my tail light brush guards showed up, they were also purchased of eBay this set was USED and only cost $41.00 plus $15 shipping, they included all hardware and were installed on the hummer by my wife and son before I woke up, I'm not lazy, I suffer fron chronic pain due to a broken back I earned as a police detective, while many of my earnings were well deserved, and well recieved, I don't particularly care too much for the broken back and pain. I get a lot off of eBay, usually NEW, sometimes USED. I'll try to include a pic of thetail lights, and another of the grill

NOTE: When buying USEDask questions make sure you are getting everything you would if you bought it new, and if not make sure replacment parts are easy to get, front brush guards require spacers to keep them off your grill, many used grill don't come with the spacer. I once saw a roof top fog light bar on eBayit was used, missing the rivnuts, the dash switch, the wires were cut, so the harness was gone. the bolts that hold the bar to the rivnuts, the plastic caps that cover said bolts... the buyer paid $265.00 for it, the switch will cost him about $40.00, the wire harness about $175.00, rivnuts are only somewhere around 50 cents each you need six, so that's only 3 bucks, not bad until you facture in the tool, a cheap 3 or 4 dollar tool comes with a new light bar,a better tool tool to install them can cost up 100 for a good one.The point is in the end, it is better to buy one new. I gut mine BUY IT NOW $168.00 $32.00 shipping, 200.00 total, the dealer wanted $277.00 to install it, my neighbor is a mile one mechanic, he offered to help me install it, I decided I would install the switch into the dash, and do the inside wires, it was easy, (and I'm no mechanic) anyway it was so much fun I decided I give the roof lights a go, so the next day I did that, and following day I finished it off, BTW my neigbor causght me, and helped me finish the job. I am a monoplegic, basically I can't walk, and lost the use of my left leg, paraplegic two limbs, quadaplegic four limbs, monoplegeic one limb, lucky me no left leg, its there it just don't want to work for me no more, but thats not what this is about, what it is about is, if I can do it, anyone can, also real quick and I may have written this elswhere but not everyone reads every post, so at the risk of repitition I'll say it again and again, and maybe even again, I can't walk so i have to find easier ways to do things, this method of drilling holes along the roofline above the windshield can be done more easily if you have a sunroof, open it pop your head up through it stand on your seat (take your shoes off, stand on a blanket or towel) my wife is only 5ft tall, she has to stand up this way to clean the windshield if a bird does a number 2 on it out of reach of thw wiper blades, which we all know the little bastards aim for anything out of wipers reach, they have a point system, I swear it's a game for them, "Swoop and Poop". oh well thats all for now. Install the guard yourself, it's bad enough many of the grill will never see a bush, hopefully the same can't be said for the drivers, learn to screw, unscrew, and screw again... not that order, just do it...

[IMG]local://upfiles/5494/843471F380234D7EB8B83BB134B2F560.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5494/27C7252AAAB9474AAB0D472FCCCED2CB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2008, 07:39 PM

I don"t think you need to spend that kind of money on a wire harness. I did off road lights and all the wires you need are already installed on your truck and run through the fire wall. There are even empty spots in the fuse box just for these lights.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:45 PM

Yeh, I realize the truck has all the wires you need in it, I installed mine,the wires the guy cut are the ones attached to the light bar the ones withthe all the pin blocks, and firewall block, none of wires or harnesses from inside the truck came with the light bar, we all know buying parts separate is more than buying a kit. I called the dealer and talked to a guy in parts who quoted the price for the harness. He toldme this is common people put them on their truck then wreck the truck and piece the truck out, cutting wires instead of unhooking them, ruining expensive wire harnesses in the process. Often selling to those that don't know any better, trying to save a buck, ending up spending much more than if they would have just bought it new. Its all good though I'm just giving everyone something to think about

Old 11-11-2008, 08:55 PM

Sorry folks, I saw “Extensive” and read “Expensive” Freudian or poor reading call it what you will, I screwed up; I covered expense, now I’ll do what I can with extensive; so far everything I’ve done has been easy, it seems as if Hummer knew I was going to get that part and put it on, they have predrilled holes, threaded nuts waiting idle, wires color coded and even tagged, it is like a giant toy model made for taking apart and putting back together, as I’ve said before, my wife and son did one install, I’m a cripple and do tons of crap to it. I’m not even 100% sure I could even call any of my add-ons a mod, it seems almost unfair being as easy as it is… that said it is still tons of fun, my biggest challenge was installing the headrest DVD monitors. Again sorry for the mix up, I’m off to my reading classes. From there maybe spelling…

Quick Reply: BOULDER ACCESSORIES BUMPER/BRUSHGUARD w/ WINCH