Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Best Bull bar brand

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Default Best Bull bar brand

Hey Fellas

Need a bullbar for my hummer, I'm happy to spend money on the best brands as long as it protects my dream! What brands should I look at first?

Cheers, looking forward to your replies

Old 12-11-2012, 10:52 AM

Are you looking for a true bull bar, the simple curved bar at front bumper height?
Or are you looking for a brushguard/bumper to protect your entire grill and front end?

If you want a brushguard/bumper, the ARB is the best of those available new.
BA (Boulder Accessories) made a great one at one time but they can only be found used now.
If you are looking for a brushguard only then I would look at Predator brush/grill guards

I just realized that you didn't specify what model of Hummer you have.
The above comments are for the H3.

Last edited by Bunger; 12-11-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 PM

As Bunger said. It all depends on your HUMMER model and what exactly you think of when you say "Bull Bar".

If you are from Austrailia then a Bull Bar is a complete bumper, here is the States a bull bar is a horseshoe looking piece that is used to push (push bar).

Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 AM

Hey fellas

It's a hummer H3

And yep I mean the complete bumper. So ARB's the best, why them? Is that just in the states or everywhere?

Cheers guys

Steve

Old 12-12-2012, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by BigSteve4wd
Hey fellas

It's a hummer H3

And yep I mean the complete bumper. So ARB's the best, why them? Is that just in the states or everywhere?

Cheers guys

Steve
Some of it is based on opinion, some based on design preference, some of it based on reputation and quality. I agree, ARB would be the best to me. Some people don't like the weight of the ARB and just want a small winch bumper plus brush guard, others want something different. You really need to look around and see what fits your needs best, or find something you like the looks of and ask specific questions.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by skeptic
Some of it is based on opinion, some based on design preference, some of it based on reputation and quality. I agree, ARB would be the best to me. Some people don't like the weight of the ARB and just want a small winch bumper plus brush guard, others want something different. You really need to look around and see what fits your needs best, or find something you like the looks of and ask specific questions.
Cheers mate, I'll start asking around in some shops.

Why do you think the ARB btw?

Old 12-13-2012, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by BigSteve4wd
Cheers mate, I'll start asking around in some shops.

Why do you think the ARB btw?
Why do I like the ARB? I like the design, very strong, integrated "brush guard" hoops, provisions for a pretty much flush mount winch as well as recessed driving/fog lights and D-shackles, and it doesn't change the approach angle. Plus, I like the way it looks. I don't have one (yet), just the OEM brush guard, but if/when the time comes this is what I'll be going with.