Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

2007 H3x cranks but won't start

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 01:00 PM

Hello I am having an issue also with my 2008 H3 I was driving down my dirt road yesterday and hit a bump witch shook the truck a little and the truck just shut off and now it will turn over but will not crank. The fuel pump is turning on when you turn the key and I’ve had problems with it not wanting to start due to the anti theft but after 10 minutes it would crank but this is different. Can someone give me some ideas if any common problems.

Old 03-04-2020, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Anne Horn
Hello I am having an issue also with my 2008 H3 I was driving down my dirt road yesterday and hit a bump witch shook the truck a little and the truck just shut off and now it will turn over but will not crank. The fuel pump is turning on when you turn the key and I’ve had problems with it not wanting to start due to the anti theft but after 10 minutes it would crank but this is different. Can someone give me some ideas if any common problems.
Welcome.

First you did exactly what you are not supposed to when asking your question. You tacked your question on the end of an old thread just because you stumbled across it on the internet.

You description make zero sense. Let me define some terms. To "crank" a car is to turn the key and experience the starter turning the engine over.... ie. Turning over is cranking. If the engine will not fire, then it can be cranking/turning over, but will not start.

If you had problems with the passlock, then you know something that may be your problem already. If you never fixed that problem, you still have it ans now your bump made it rear its ugly head. The most common problem with ignition failure is passlock related across the GM brands. Just because your passlock problem occurs intermittently, does not mean it is not a problem all the time. So fix that and report back with a brand new question in a brand new thread.

Good luck.

Old 03-04-2020, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Welcome.

First you did exactly what you are not supposed to when asking your question. You tacked your question on the end of an old thread just because you stumbled across it on the internet.

You description make zero sense. Let me define some terms. To "crank" a car is to turn the key and experience the starter turning the engine over.... ie. Turning over is cranking. If the engine will not fire, then it can be cranking/turning over, but will not start.

If you had problems with the passlock, then you know something that may be your problem already. If you never fixed that problem, you still have it ans now your bump made it rear its ugly head. The most common problem with ignition failure is passlock related across the GM brands. Just because your passlock problem occurs intermittently, does not mean it is not a problem all the time. So fix that and report back with a brand new question in a brand new thread.

Good luck.
Thanks for your help and since of humor but I’m new to this and not sure how to start a new thread, I had it put on a computer and no codes was found.

Old 03-04-2020, 05:24 PM

I’m new to this and not sure how to start a new thread,.
You could try this:

or click on that box next to the arrows:

Old 03-05-2020, 09:19 AM

Thanks for your help and since of humor but I’m new to this and not sure how to start a new thread, I had it put on a computer and no codes was found.
#1 battery terminals
#2 grounds
#3 ignition switch