Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

2007 H3 6.2l LS Swap - Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 04:00 PM
Default 2007 H3 6.2l LS Swap - Gauges

Hi, new to the forum.
Got a 2007 H3 with. 6.2l LS swap with a 4L60e. got the harness from PAINLESS (no RPM which sucks), but was wondering how do you guys (who did the swap) get the original gauges to work? Is there anyone that sells a CANBus!

Open to suggestions and thanks in advance.

​​​​​​​

Old 05-03-2024, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome

Go to one of the Hummer Facebook groups for tips and discussions on the swap. I know there is info there. When you try to use the I5 H3s for a V8 swap in it opens up a can of worms. More than most realize.

I do not have a link as I do not do the book face thing.

Good luck.

Old 05-03-2024, 09:29 AM

you can always switch to a holley system and use its cluster.

Old 05-03-2024, 11:00 AM

Just use the correct swap harness its literally plug and play with all OEM features working. A member on the colorado forums Jamie (sometimes pops on hummer forums) made our two harnesses and many other members.

Old 05-03-2024, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by atvspeed4
Just use the correct swap harness it’s literally plug and play with all OEM features working. A member on the colorado forums Jamie (sometimes pops on hummer forums) made our two harnesses and many other members.
Based on your feedback, I’ve registered on the 355 Nation (Colorado & Canyon forum), and messaged Jamie, but he doesn’t seem to be easily found. I would’ve thought there would be a harness online of his that I could just order! Well, I’m waiting to see if he would reply.

does anyone know what forum he is active in?

Old 05-06-2024, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bouzobar
Based on your feedback, I’ve registered on the 355 Nation (Colorado & Canyon forum), and messaged Jamie, but he doesn’t seem to be easily found. I would’ve thought there would be a harness online of his that I could just order! Well, I’m waiting to see if he would reply.

does anyone know what forum he is active in?
You just found out about the guy 4 Hours and 23 minutes before and you expect him to respond to your message in that time.

The guy might have a life that does not involve Answering your questions.... You should have figured out what you were doing BEFORE you even started dealing with an engine swap. Just sayin.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
You just found out about the guy 4 Hours and 23 minutes before and you expect him to respond to your message in that time.

The guy might have a life that does not involve Answering your questions.... You should have figured out what you were doing BEFORE you even started dealing with an engine swap. Just sayin.
Did I step over something!!!

I read the other posts indicating Jamie is not active; and hence, my question at the end of my previous post!

And NO, I don’t need to figure out everything BEFORE dealing with an engine swap just because you said so. Why do you think this is my first! You refer to our builds in the attached picture.

You “just saying” defies the idea of the forum, which should be helpful to other.

so far, it seems that this forum is useless in resolving a topic that’s been around for a while. Well, it seems that I’ve figured it out and will post what I’ve done when it’s complete.

Thanks for nothing.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bouzobar
Did I step over something!!!

I read the other posts indicating Jamie is not active; and hence, my question at the end of my previous post!

And NO, I don’t need to figure out everything BEFORE dealing with an engine swap just because you said so. Why do you think this is my first! You refer to our builds in the attached picture.

You “just saying” defies the idea of the forum, which should be helpful to other.

so far, it seems that this forum is useless in resolving a topic that’s been around for a while. Well, it seems that I’ve figured it out and will post what I’ve done when it’s complete.

Thanks for nothing.

Old 05-07-2024, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

I never thought you stepped in anything. Is you carpet clean?

Just sound like the typical impatient forum poster in a big hurry for information that is available if you spend some time looking for it.

Good luck.

Old 05-12-2024, 04:33 PM

Like the milk cartons in High School said...

Patience is a virtue that Must be LEAERNED...

We must Learn it. To be patient.