Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

2006 hummer h3 supercharger kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 12:26 PM
Old 04-30-2014, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by CS_ADVENTURE
$6,999.99?

Cheaper to start from the bottom up:

LC9 Crate Engine - Race Engine | Chevrolet

Old 05-01-2014, 09:37 AM

The lc9 is not complete setup though. the sc kit is.
also I like having a manual transmission.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

The lc9 is not complete setup though. the sc kit is.
also I like having a manual transmission.
You won't be having a manual very long because the Aisin AR-5 is rated only up to 260 ft-lb of TQ.

This dreamer thread is really quite ridiculous when as I said before, you can buy a V-8 Hummer. Who in there right mind would spend $7K (before install costs) on a I5 Turbo/SC kit? Not to mention the L52 and LLR are not particularly boost friendly, and you can use an SC/Turbo H3 as your coffin when you die because the only way to get rid of one is to give it away.

The LH8 (I have no dyno info for the LH9 but that would be irrelevant so long as we use 87 Octane Gas not E85) can put OEM flywheel numbers (300HP and 330TQ) to the ground with very basic completely reliable mods. Bone stock the numbers for an 09 LH8 Colly are 223HP & 253TQ at the rear wheels.

This is what one of our intakes, a PCM tune, Efan conversion, and a high flow muffler does for a 2009 LH8 Colorado can do. Add a cam, add 22 more. There are dynos of SC LH8s that do no better, but the HP curve is pushed a tad forward. The SC/Turbo I5s, not even close.
Name:  SCAN0127.jpg
Views: 5852
Size:  92.4 KB

Last edited by Doc Olds; 05-01-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
You won't be having a manual very long because the Aisin AR-5 is rated only up to 260 ft-lb of TQ.
If your getting your numbers from gm's website, thats the max they put to it not the most it can handle. Its the same 5 speed used in older supras.
either way I'm not worried about it or resale.

also your arguement about price is not true either. I paid 10k less for my hummer than I could get an alpha for at the time with the same equiptment.
and the color of my hummer wasnt offered on an alpha.

then there is the fact the sc with a bypass valve would give power when needed and better milage than the v8 when cruising.
Now would I pay what they want for the kit? no I'd get it direct out of Austrailia and piece it together myself for less. But this thread was asking if there was an sc kit and there is.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:28 PM

If your getting your numbers from gm's website, thats the max they put to it not the most it can handle. Its the same 5 speed used in older supras.

also your arguement about price is not true either. I paid 10k less for my hummer than I could get an alpha for at the time with the same equiptment.

then there is the fact the sc with a bypass valve would give power when needed and better milage than the v8 when cruising.
Now would I pay what they want for the kit? no I'd get it direct out of Austrailia and piece it together myself for less. But this thread was asking if there was an sc kit and there is.
Actually the Supras had an Aisin R154, which is somewhat the same case and the bell housing is interchangeable with the Aisin AR-5. As far as the internals go they are pretty different. The AR5 offers triple cone synchros on first through third gear over the Aisin R154 and the differences keep going.

Also, as of today according to Auto Trader the average price of an 2008 I5 with comparable options (Leather, Sunroof, etc) as an Alpha with around 65,000 miles is about $18,125 and the same Alpha is around $22,500.

Your supercharger with a bypass valve idea: A supercharger is still a belt driven unit. There will ALWAYS be a parasitic draw off of the engine weather there is a bypass valve or not.

Better mileage: Not sure on the mileage of a SC I5 vs an Alpha because I don't know anyone who has a SC I5 who will post true mileage #s.

Old 05-06-2014, 11:54 AM

I paid 13k for my 07 adventure. the only alpha adventure I could find at the time was an 09 for 24k.

magnacharger claims a draw of 1/3 of a hp with the bypass in effect.
having used their sc's in the past I saw no noticeable decrease in mileage when driving normal

Old 05-07-2014, 07:37 AM

I have the Harrop kit from Walkinshaw Performance and I live in Australia, the kit is not cheap but the quality and the fit is spot on, with a full exhaust inc headers and no cat I had a performance increase of approx 65 %. Hwy fuel consumption is about the same as before but city driving I'm averaging 22 ltrs per 100 km, it's very hard not to lay the boot into it off the lights.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:41 AM

thats awesome. do you have an auto or manual?

Old 05-09-2014, 05:30 PM

thats awesome. do you have an auto or manual?
It's an auto luxury pack