Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

2006 Hummer H3 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Question 2006 Hummer H3 Problems

I bought my H3 in 2008 was Great until Febuary of this year,we had a bad Snow and I switched to 4H lock,when I started back home I switched it back to 4H..it would not switch back,I finally braked it while sliding the traction control kicked in and it switched.From then on all my problems started,it switches back and forth and wants to stay locked in all the time and whines at slow speed.Then my left power window stoped working for a few days,then it was driver door window and power locks.I unhooked battery cables for a few days then everything started workin right for about a week,then it locked itself into 4H,sometimes it will unlock for a few miles the lock back in,now my airconditioner blows hot air...I can't even drive it now,and I'am on a limited income...Please help,any suggestions would be great... I have never seen anything like this before

Old 06-01-2011, 06:17 PM

When I had electrical issues in mine the very first thing I did was changed the connections on the battery post. The stock ones are crap and if the KEY words in your writeup is your problems started during a time of heavy snow...... the dampness causes corroding and the the worst issues I had were following wet snow or rain.

It cost me $75, I went to an car audio store and bought new connectors for my positive and negative posts, spent 20 minutes at home, and HAVEN'T HAD A PROBLEM since.....

No harm in trying, its cheap and quick........

Hope that helps!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:23 PM
Banned

then u mite list in proper area!!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:28 PM

Sorry I didn't realize that...... just started.....

Old 06-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Battery cables first, ECM could be going. Do you have any warranty left?

Old 06-02-2011, 09:54 AM

Replacing your battery terminals takes about 30 minutes with the right tools if you have experiences with vehicle electronics.

I used these:

Positive Battery Terminal

And then the matching negative terminal. KnuKnoceptz is local to me, short drive away. I can vouch for the quality of their products, the owner, and their customer service. Every piece of aftermarket wiring in my vehicle is KnuKonceptz, and their power wire especially is outstanding, you won't find anything like it from any of the big names. For example, their 0 gauge is over sized, and can handle a 300 amp load without breaking a sweat.

All you need to do is chop the factory connections off, strip the wires, and stick them into the set screw slots, or put a ring terminal on them and screw them down. Bout as easy as can be, and I noticed an improvement in my dimming. I was getting a slightly noticeable dimming of my headlights at night when operating my windows, or pressing the brakes. The factory terminals are definitely poo poo garbage.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

the dampness causes corroding and the the worst issues I had were following wet snow or rain.
snow,dampness and rain from nov till??may, 7 months,flooding all over the usa.

if dampness caused these problems the majority of usa cars would disabled.
please stop making up nonsense!!
in most batt conn trouble they were not tightened properly,over done and damaged,or loose.

if u cut cables and clamp loose strands,u are guaranteed to fight this later down the road/calendar!, and it will be harder to fix the dirty strands. ive done it all,,

Old 06-03-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by drtom

snow,dampness and rain from nov till??may, 7 months,flooding all over the usa.

if dampness caused these problems the majority of usa cars would disabled.
please stop making up nonsense!!
in most batt conn trouble they were not tightened properly,over done and damaged,or loose.

if u cut cables and clamp loose strands,u are guaranteed to fight this later down the road/calendar!, and it will be harder to fix the dirty strands. ive done it all,,
I would love to watch you type on a keyboard.