Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

'07 H3 Drivers side window not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2019, 03:18 PM
Default '07 H3 Drivers side window not working

New Hummer owner here. Purchased an '07 H3 Base, and I am working on just a few problems a vehicle this age might have.

One problem that I can't seem to pinpoint is the drivers side window. When I first purchased the vehicle, the drivers side window and all of the power locks would not work. I changed the drivers side master switch assembly (switch #2 for identification), and both the window and locks started working.

The next day, the drivers side window stopped working again, but locks continued to work. I did notice, however, that when first turning the ignition key to acc, the window WILL respond for a brief second or so during the "boot up", then it won't respond.

I looked at the wiring diagram, and none of the systems seem to go through the BCM, AND the motor works for a short time when starting the vehicle, so I thought I got a bad switch.

Purchased and changed out the master switch again (switch #3 for identification); the locks still work, but the window still does not work, and it no longer works for that second on start-up. I swapped switch #2 back in, and the window again responds for a second on start-up, but still does not work afterwards.

I cannot see where the problem could be anywhere other than this master switch (since the motor can be verified to work during each start using switch #2), but I also can't see that I got TWO bad switches?

Motor tests to 0.7 ohms from the plug at the drivers side master switch (dk blu & brn on the schematic)

Is there anything else I should be looking for?

-Ryan

Old 12-28-2019, 04:20 PM
Old 12-30-2019, 09:45 PM

Solved:

I checked the motor per the reply; thanks. Checked out good, so I ordered a THIRD master switch. This one works.