Hummer H2 SUT For some who need the usefulness of a truck, but do not want to compromise the Hummer look, the H2 SUT does just that.

Can anyone identify who made this part

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 03:05 PM
Default Can anyone identify who made this part

I would really like to find one of these grill covers for my H2. I have never seen one in person but only in pictures. I don't think it was a genuine GM part and web searches turn up nothing.

Old 03-18-2023, 04:16 PM

I think it’s just for special edition trucks. I’ve only ever seen it that color and on orange trucks with special wheels and the fancy off-road sidesteps.

Old 03-18-2023, 05:17 PM

Hmmm, that makes a lot of sense as the only H2's I ever have seen them on were those with the Alcoa wheels and special side flairs. I doubt I would ever find one. They are much cooler looking then the metal bar types.

Old 03-18-2023, 06:12 PM

I like the metal bar ones simply because I’d be to scared of scratching one of these. They look pretty cool though.

This website has some more information. There was also a blue one with a white brush guard. Maybe if you could find either one, you could have it painted. The hummer purists would be furious😂
https://www.autoblog.com/amp/2005/12/28/hummer-h2-sut-limited-editions/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2 xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACIPpWsCurMsoy-xcTTUob9usX7a5FF5TZPyR4sUuFqh9VbsvdQUw04-rPjQ96vmusGszGRe28_ze5Gix3OsvKB7VmSwbHyUrNiu58tJ3Y F1ZLiKUdNsFUtMdMfhZqbpwb0HbwrIXc4N9bGTtQ_BOwhwqUNb 9SUeO1j9_5Thtj5h

Old 03-19-2023, 08:05 PM

Ill keep an eye out, great question, Not sure how its attached, but was thinking im sure someone has a large enough 3D printer to build it.

Old 03-20-2023, 08:12 AM

That Fusion Orange limited edition H2 is just like mine. The grill guard and taillight guards are body color.

Old 03-21-2023, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
That Fusion Orange limited edition H2 is just like mine. The grill guard and taillight guards are body color.
Phil, so you have that Grill guard on yours? Can you expand a little about it, what is it made out of, how is it attached?
Thanks

Old 03-22-2023, 08:57 AM

Yes I have the exact one on mine. It mounts through the grille to the body with two top and two bottom brackets. I believe it is cast aluminum.

Old 03-22-2023, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Yes I have the exact one on mine. It mounts through the grille to the body with two top and two bottom brackets. I believe it is cast aluminum.
Without a doubt the best looking grill guard for an H2, I took the chrome bar type off of mine because it looks so cluttered. I will keep watching the salvage yards but doubt I will come across one especially when you consider how rare the special editions were.
You provided the final answer about the origin of it, Thanks,

Old 03-22-2023, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by H2-SUT
Without a doubt the best looking grill guard for an H2, I took the chrome bar type off of mine because it looks so cluttered. I will keep watching the salvage yards but doubt I will come across one especially when you consider how rare the special editions were.
You provided the final answer about the origin of it, Thanks,
You could paint your grill body color and might brake up chrome a little if you put the brush guard back on. Might be a good look.

Quick Reply: Can anyone identify who made this part