Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Yup- another suspension thread...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 12:07 PM

its been 2 months since i posted this thread. Since then: new tires, new rear brake rotors. Pads all around. Idler and pitman arms replaced.
The main reason for hitting this thread again- some suggested i do the work myself. Im glad that i had the work done for me. First- the idler arm came out easily. The pitman arm was a different story! The tool used to remove the pitman broke. The tech then had to use heat and get help to get it out. I guess 12 years of corrosion and road grime locked it in place. Took 2 corn fed georgia boys a while to break it loose and get it removed. I am glad it was them and not me. No way i could have done that laying on the driveway all alone. At least on the lift we could see the part easier and could get torque on it without serious damage. I would have been SOL trying to get it out. But i am glad i let someone else deal with the headache! After the parts were replaced the front end was aligned. The rest of the suspension parts were inspected and everything looks good and should last for quite a while so any replacement would mainly be cosmetic. There was some surface rust but no issues. Bushings and bump stops lok really good. The shocks may be original but dont know and may be swapped eventually but at this time there is not a real need.
Anyway, just wanted to give some feedback and thanks to everyones input. But sometimes it is better to let someone else (who has all the tools and experience) deal with an issue i dont have experience with! I will stick with the air filter, oil filter, oil and plugs/wires!