Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What issues should we be looking at when buying a new to us H2

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Oldwvman
Ouch, thanks for info. I have bought several cars from KY with no issues. Hope it works out again. I am taking a creeper, led light and a screw driver with me. Might make someone mad but if the don’t like it then there must be a reason.
Screwdriver for what?

Old 09-13-2022, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Oldwvman
Thanks, I knew the mirrors but forgot. I will add that to my list. Others are new to me. Thanks again I will check them out. Air bag sensor any way to check that?

QUOTE=BrickNovax;395868]New owner, new member myself here. Just wanted to add the rear door latch handle, license plate holder and the electric folding mirrors to the list. Bad air bag sensor and 4WD switch seem to be fairly common things as well.
[/QUOTE]

If their is an issue with the airbag you will see an alert on the dash. It’s common and usually relatively cheap to have fixed if it’s just a bad sensor ($500 or under at a dealership). I really only mention it so it doesn’t scare you off if it has it on.

Check your 4WD when inspecting. While stopped, put the vehicle in neutral and select 4WD low and then 4WD lock. It is audible when it shifts into those modes, you will hear it. If after selecting it, if it continues to blink, or says service 4WD on the dash it’s most likely just a bad switch or relay. Again common and fairly inexpensive to have repaired.

Old 09-14-2022, 04:53 AM

reach into tiny spaces, scrape any rust that is visible to confirm it is only surface rust, poke and prod with instead of my big fat fingers.

Originally Posted by hummerz
Screwdriver for what?