Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What have you done to your h2 today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:44 PM

Check out my build threads on the other forums. I have a horde of lights running on my stock alternator. You can always upgrade the alternator if you are concerned with the drain also. One set of fog lights isn't going to do much.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:51 PM

Ok, it's always good to know, because I never added before any extra lights, but may be I will add them in the future.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:12 PM

Also think about LED. I've been slowly swapping all my lights to LED. You can add a lot more lights and still have less draw from the alternator because they use less.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Also think about LED. I've been slowly swapping all my lights to LED. You can add a lot more lights and still have less draw from the alternator because they use less.
Any specific brands or did you just go on ebay & bought whatever came up?

Old 04-11-2015, 10:12 PM

Bought 2 new side mirrors, and a engine hood pad (insulator) also 3 new H2 emblems...50 buck a piece...wow for .03 cent of plastic...lol, and lastly I bought 2 new OEM roof rack bars... one of them was scratched ..looked like it ran into a low ceiling from the previous owner...

Old 04-12-2015, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller
Any specific brands or did you just go on ebay & bought whatever came up?

I have used mostly off brand lights with great luck. No way am I spending what Rigid and other companies want when you can literally get the same light for a fraction of the cost.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:54 PM

I finished reassembling and installing 3 cross bars after cleaning, and painting the cross bars with bedliner and the plastic parts with bumper black. I just replaced the puddle lights, and map lights with sylvainia 194 LED's and the dome lights with some off brand LED's from Walmart. Oh yeah, I did spray bedliner on the tail light guards.

Lojac, what headlight and DRL's are you currently running? I read your old posts and wonder if everything is still holding up and if you are happy with them.

Thanks!

Old 04-13-2015, 08:44 AM

Busy couple of days, Put in new Blistein shocks all around, new bump stops, installed 52in LED light bar thanks to Citiboy, installed HID's and installed LED DRL's all in my 2005 H2. Just ordered a new AC Delco starter which I'm getting today then Im all done.

Powder coated my skid plate for my 2003 H2 and then painted the "H2" pewter, looks awesome, but haven't put it back on truck yet.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by NoSpoon
I finished reassembling and installing 3 cross bars after cleaning, and painting the cross bars with bedliner and the plastic parts with bumper black. I just replaced the puddle lights, and map lights with sylvainia 194 LED's and the dome lights with some off brand LED's from Walmart. Oh yeah, I did spray bedliner on the tail light guards.

Lojac, what headlight and DRL's are you currently running? I read your old posts and wonder if everything is still holding up and if you are happy with them.

Thanks!

My DRL's I fitted 4" round LED worklights into the holes and used the factory mounting holes so not drilling or anything. For $40 and some threaded rod, they are still holding up and working great to this day. Headlights are military 24 volt lights from their hummers. A forum member gave me the pair a while back. I had to install 12 to 24 volt converters and I have never had a problem with those either.

Old 04-15-2015, 09:29 AM

Wash and detail to get ready for the color change tomorrow. Bedliner over entire H2

Quick Reply: What have you done to your h2 today?