Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What have you done to your h2 today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 12:18 PM

Liftgate wouldn't unlock so I crawled in back, pulled interior piece as much as I could, flipped actuator switch, opened hatch, checked actuator and it was dead, ordered new one off Amazon and had it delivered same day, installed, put everything back together, and now it works perfect again!

Old 02-27-2017, 07:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Nice! I need to figure out what to do about my spare. Mine came on the inside mount and it was missing the long bolt, metal plate, and big wingnut to hold it to the mount. Prior owner stuck a bolt and washer on but it was rattling like mad. For now I'm just going without a spare tire (have a good plug kit). Been looking at the outside mounts but they seem to always be pretty expensive. I'm not really wanting to put it back inside since it takes up so much room. The catch with the rear mounts of course is they make it less convenient to use the space you free up inside. Also considering a roof rack with a spare tire mount but then height starts becoming problematic.

I don't often go places where the height would be an issue but I don't want to make it so I cannot even go through a drive thru somewhere.
Mine used to be mounted inside. Previous owner relocated it outside with a tire carrier. I must say I get between 14 and 16 MPG with the carrier and tire off. Carrier weighs easily 80 to 100 lbs and of course the tire close to the same. Its like carrying two small people everywhere you go. For daily commutes I have it off. for long trips I put it on or throw the spare in the back.

Old 02-27-2017, 07:19 AM
Banned

installed a oil catch can. At 200K I should have done this a while ago. I'm sure my plenum, valves and pistons are coated with burnt oil

Old 02-27-2017, 05:15 PM

Took the H2 badges off both front doors. I would love to be able to remove the H2 etched glass logo as well but know nothing about auto glass.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:09 AM

Ordered some Kryptonite Upper Control Arms from DMAX today. Gonna have them powdered in red. Looking to gain another inch of travel in the front from the keyed front lift.

Also got some Billet Door handle surrounds from a member here and trying to find time to redo my doors again.

Old 03-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Default Replace my steering wheel buttons

today we tried replacing the steering wheel buttons, top two were easy, the bottom two I had to solder together a wiring loom to extend the length of the wires because they were too short to plug into the new buttons.

Magnusson Supercharger M112 Kit
Complete LED lighting inside and out
JBA complete Exhaust W/Ceramic Coated Headers
Rockford Fosgate Sub kit.
4L80E transmission W/ Corvette Servo &H.D. torque Converter

Old 03-03-2017, 06:28 PM

Diagnosed the thud under my floorboard that was accompanied by an audible clicking (extremely loud). The top bolt on the driver's side, front caliper was gone!

Easy fix, but I hated waiting for the bolts to arrive. My local Autozone claimed you couldn't order them, yet I go home & see them for sale. Amazon was faster & cheaper. I replaced both.

Old 03-08-2017, 09:48 AM
Default 2006 Tune

Had her tuned by Black Bear Performance last weekend when they came to Dallas. I drove while they tuned with the laptop. It was amazing and I highly recommend it if you have had major modifications done.

Old 03-10-2017, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by dontheo55
Had her tuned by Black Bear Performance last weekend when they came to Dallas. I drove while they tuned with the laptop. It was amazing and I highly recommend it if you have had major modifications done.
I too am running a black bear remap but mine was a mail order one as I live in Russia. I do have headers and an exhaust on her with an airdoc. Tell me did it make a big difference from their base map they probably loaded to the final version ? Am just curious what I might be missing out on! They're great guys to work with though.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:16 AM

Baldfox

I inquired before the tune if they wanted me to log any information as I have the scantool mx wifi. They said just make sure I had the MAF clean before I got their.

Anyway, after they plugged back in the MAF i forgot to reconnect (LOL) we just took a trip. I was interested in towing performance and being able to punch it and have the truck immediately kick in.

We drove around for about a 1/2 hour while the tech typed away on his laptop which was connected to the vehicle. Not sure about a standard program but it got better and better. It was tuned to my driving habits and towing.

I hooked the boat up yesterday and it trailed better then ever. It's a heavy beast and had 50 gallons of gas in it too. No problems at all.

Overall I picked up 1.5 mpg around town but I really wanted the performance which I got.

Not sure if this helps or not.

Ted

Quick Reply: What have you done to your h2 today?