Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What have you done to your h2 today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 07:29 PM

Finally removed the hassle of a spare tire carrier. Everything is easily reversible. If I go on a long trip I will be putting the carrier back on, but for day to day life it is in the way.

Name:  IMG_20151224_095610.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  454.3 KB

Old 12-28-2015, 09:59 AM

Decided to get under the H2 to reinstall the skip plates, since I won't have to remove it for a while. I found out why some of the shaking was so bad. The main bolt through the differential cross-member had come loose. I'm luck I didn't lose it! Some loctite fixed that in a hurry.

I forgot to get pics of the idler & pitman arms, but here's the Kyrptonite UCAs & the crossmember.

UCAs:
Name:  H77wuyW.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  216.3 KB
Name:  nsqkg72.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  201.0 KB

Scorpworks Differentiate Crossmember:
Name:  n8Wsyrc.jpg
Size:  244.9 KB

Old 12-28-2015, 10:29 AM

put it in the back yard for the winter now that we are going to get some snow. it will definitely need a battery this coming spring as i had to jump it to get it started last night.

otherwise, nothing planned. hopefully the mice stay out of it with all of the dryer sheets i put in it and in the engine compartment...

steve

Old 12-29-2015, 08:18 AM

I also use cloves on the inside and then place mothballs on top of tires and on the frame in various places just as an extra deterrent.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:47 PM

I bought a high pitched emitter that I placed behind the dash to move rodents on. I change the battery every 3 months or so.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:25 PM

Since I never posted the pics before, here we go.
These are the components I recently upgraded to, minus the pitman arm support. I'm waiting till I have time to find someone to weld on the support plate. Everything else is installed.

Kryptonite UCAs & Tie Rods:
Name:  7rdMoOu.jpg
Size:  234.9 KB
Name:  UJcKNx9.jpg
Size:  191.4 KB

Moog Pitman Arm:
Name:  z3hzKuO.jpg
Size:  199.8 KB

SS175 Pitman Arm support (not installed, yet)
Name:  4Ru7vuC.jpg
Size:  179.3 KB

Old 12-31-2015, 11:25 AM

Get an extra pair of rubber sleeves for the tierods ,mine started leaking grease pretty quick . I assumed they would send me a pair for free with the guarantee , but nope they'll sell em to ya.

Old 12-31-2015, 11:36 AM

What brand, GrillSmasher?

Old 01-01-2016, 11:13 AM

On the inner kryptonite tie rod that black sleeve split and grease just started leaking I had to call them up , there's tht guarantee on them (tierods) that says on their website jump it, race it, break it , it's covered so I figured they just send me a new one over at dmax stores but he said since my vehicle was modded (leveled or lifted) that sleeve wasant covered . So he wanted 6 bux for the sleeve . So i said so what if my tierods bust or break are you gonna cover them or use the modded excuse again cause everyone is modded by his definition , he said they'll cover them. Hopefully I don't find out , otherwise I'm happy with their product , the uca , tierods and cognito brace kit .

I'm not complaining but just letting yall know, but how one conducts business is important , this is just what happened with me. I felt he should of said ok man sorry I'm gonna send you 2 more sleeves free. After all those tierods are 500 bux.

Old 01-01-2016, 04:45 PM

Alright, I was just making sure.
I agree. I've run into issues with a couple weightlifting equipment manufacturers who will fight with you about defective products & service. I'll keep this in mind if I break anything. Sounds like a bait & switch warranty to me.

Under the UCA description at the Dmaxstore website, the warranty claims:
(Kryptonite No Fine Print Lifetime warranty)-Kryptonite steering and suspension components are warrantied for life to their original purchaser. This warranty is against any manufacturer defects, premature wear or breakage. Race it, jump it, off road it, sled pull it, wreck it, lift it, level it, lower it, I think you get it? We don’t care. If you can break it we will replace it. Kryptonite products must be purchased from an authorized dealer.
Then in the description, they state:
Kryptonite UCA kits will improve the ride of any leveled or lifted GM 2500-3500 truck. Also a great upgrade for your stock height truck. Kryptonite UCA's are compatible with any stock or leved 2500-3500hd and most suspension lift kits.
They should just state which lifts won't work or that lifted/leveled H2s disqualify the warranty. If anything, they are encouraging those with lifts to buy the UCAs without any mention of warranty denial.

I'll be getting their ball joints (kryptonite) next. If that gets worn out, I'll be curious how they plan on playing the warranty angle, since that is one of the parts that gets the most wear as either a DD and offroad rig.

I'm really loving their UCAs, so far. Like you said, they make a good product, but it isn't encouraging that they are giving you a hard time...

Quick Reply: What have you done to your h2 today?