Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What have you done to your h2 today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 05:29 AM

Liking that lot, what's the super steer for ? Did you get it all as part of a kit ? I'll be looking to go down that route, once i've changed my wheels and tyres.

Also looking to try and get access to the rear pull down video screen. Anyone know a convenient location where i can access the inputs for it ? Assuming it's probably just composite ?

Old 12-16-2015, 07:12 AM

Installed a rear tire swing arm which I bought for 200 on Craigslist from a guy in Ocala Fla. it was in pristine condition. Got lucky with this one. I also fixed both my arm rests using new clips and new O rings. I also had my interior guy add new padding to my front two seats. Very comfortable now. Feels like new seats again. I still have to re route my backup camera to the outside of my tire cover

Old 12-16-2015, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Baldfox
Liking that lot, what's the super steer for ? Did you get it all as part of a kit ? I'll be looking to go down that route, once i've changed my wheels and tyres.
I'm guessing everything & I mean everything, suspension-wise, is worn out. Everything I've removed so far has been beat to hell.
For the price, it was worth just throwing it in. The only issue is welding the support bracket. I have a name of a guy who can do the work, but it's finding the time.

I bought everything piece meal. Dmax Store has some steering kits, but I don't need everything that's in each of the kits, so I didn't need spare stuff.

What wheels/tires are you looking into?

Old 12-16-2015, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Synthetickiller

What wheels/tires are you looking into?
Well am thinking its either Fuel hostage, Rockstar 2s, or even Ballistic Jesters. Rockstars are pretty common over here on them (at least the original ones are), so probably one of the other two.

Thinking 35" tyre, i already have 295/60/r20s on there, so practically the same, but not so sure how wide - was thinking 325s, but am a little worried about rubbing. Any thoughts ? Also from a price perspective, trying to weight up 20" or 22" rims.

Old 12-16-2015, 12:39 PM

I don't know prices in Russia, but tires for 22s here are a lot more.
I downsized to 17s. The price of a set of 35s for a 20" wheel was the same as a set of tires plus 17" wheels.

Do you have access to Ultra Motorsports wheels?
I have 2 sets, one on the H2 another on the H3. I'm really happy with the quality.

I haven't run 325s, but I've run 315s/12.5" & I'd only go to 325s if I had a larger fender.
What do you need the tire to do?
Michelin makes a 35" tire for a 20" wheel called the michelin defender. It's not cheap, but it should do super well on the snow & highway. It's just not an offroading tire. Depends on what you want to get out of the tire. If you could justify two sets, I'd have that tire/wheel combination & a small wheel and 37" mud tire.

Old 12-16-2015, 01:26 PM

I think i'll end up ordering a wheel tyre package and get it delivered over here to be honest, the prices here will be too much. Ultra motorsports looked cool, i liked the Phantom Dually Rears but would have to be all black i think.

Maybe 315s are more appropriate, i've recently fitted E and G flares, so i need something to push them out. If not the tyre, maybe i'll look at spacers. I don't really offroad. Occasional field work, and mud, but not "wheelin' " per se. Although some kind of perfomance on snow would definitely be needed.

I guess it's more cosmetic. Got any pics of yours with the 17s on and the tyres ?

Old 12-16-2015, 03:20 PM

They make this wheel in a 20". I haven't seen it out in the wild, yet. If I ever get those Michelins, I might splurge & get the 20" version. Ultra also makes an 18" version.

I can't take pics today as we are having some volatile weather, but I can take more later if you like.

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your h2 today?-ultra-colossus-250.jpg   What have you done to your h2 today?-h2.jpg  
Old 12-16-2015, 03:43 PM

They look good on your rig. It looks really clean and the wheels just go with it. I'll keep looking for packages ! Do you get any rubbing with those tyres ?

Old 12-16-2015, 03:45 PM

Thanks.
No rubbing w/ 35s. I haven't tried a 37 yet.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:36 PM

Finally got the UCAs, idler & pitman arms, and tie rods installed. Also did the spark plugs & replaced one transmission mount. Had the vehicle aligned & the steering wheel is off, so I have to have it realigned.

I still have some shaking. I believe the motor mounts are next.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your h2 today?