Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What have you done to your h2 today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 03:16 PM

Just replaced the right rear parking brake cable for the 2nd time. This time i rerouted the cables over the axle so it will never get yanked again when on the trails.

Name:  IMG_8208.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  150.3 KB

Name:  IMG_8204.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  138.7 KB

Name:  IMG_8207.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  94.2 KB

Old 09-16-2015, 08:29 PM

Finally back working on the motor.
Name:  Go4fezxl.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  48.3 KB
Name:  k8GP3Ijl.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  73.8 KB
Name:  zkoK2N0l.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  45.9 KB

Old 09-16-2015, 11:30 PM

Finished converting all internal filament bulbs to SMDs. I'll get some pics when I have the opportunity. The amount of light output is significant vs the original lights.

Swapped out some of the roof lights to SMD. I have a few more on order to finish everything. I just have to replace all of the 3057k socket bulbs at this point.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:16 AM

Since it looks like we'll be keeping this H2 and using it as the family tow vehicle for our TT, I ordered :
-front OEM brake pads
-rear OEM brake pads
-front OEM shocks
-rear OEM shocks
-upper/lower OEM radiator hoses
-OEM belts

-I'll eventually put in steel braided brake lines.
I ordered everything on Amazon and got the best prices I could find. Everything is sourced by ACDelco and sold/shipped by Amazon.

I need to change the oil as well. I prefer the napa gold filters, does anyone know what's the part number for those? Also, what's the part number for the oil drain plug gasket? Mine is leaking just a bit.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by mulepic
Since it looks like we'll be keeping this H2 and using it as the family tow vehicle for our TT, I ordered :
-front OEM brake pads
-rear OEM brake pads
-front OEM shocks
-rear OEM shocks
-upper/lower OEM radiator hoses
-OEM belts

-I'll eventually put in steel braided brake lines.
I ordered everything on Amazon and got the best prices I could find. Everything is sourced by ACDelco and sold/shipped by Amazon.

I need to change the oil as well. I prefer the napa gold filters, does anyone know what's the part number for those? Also, what's the part number for the oil drain plug gasket? Mine is leaking just a bit.
Why to get the OEM. Shocks when there are much better options ...
Oem in my H2 only last for 60k miles or less
Also get the Tranny cooler if you using the truck as towing
Your transmission will appreciate plus eliminate tje risk of mixing coolant and ATF damaging the tranny

Old 09-22-2015, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Why to get the OEM. Shocks when there are much better options ...
Oem in my H2 only last for 60k miles or less
Also get the Tranny cooler if you using the truck as towing
Your transmission will appreciate plus eliminate tje risk of mixing coolant and ATF damaging the tranny
I guess I forgot to mention I already did the tru-cool tranny cooler. If it wasn't for that mod I'd be selling it. That made a huge difference towing.

As for the OEM shocks, I want to see how it's suppose to ride from the factory. I heard it's nice. I also read good things about the OEM brakes, so that's why I went with those as well.

Old 09-22-2015, 08:25 AM

finally drove it today, that has to count. LOL didnt do too much of that this summer after the blower went out for the air. i finally got it fixed last night so i figured i would drive it today.

will be able to drive it now till november when i put it away for the winter.

steve

Old 09-22-2015, 09:58 PM

Finally got a full set of U-steps.
They have some wear & will need to be painted, but are great otherwise.

Does anyone know the size of the retainer clip to hold the bolt in place?

Old 09-24-2015, 02:29 PM

I wouldn't use that quick disconnect ****. Buy some good quality bolts and slather them in Loctite. There used to be a lot of stories of U's walking off since they are easily removed.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
I wouldn't use that quick disconnect ****. Buy some good quality bolts and slather them in Loctite. There used to be a lot of stories of U's walking off since they are easily removed.
Yep! I went to Lowes today & they don't sell a full threaded 7/16-14 bolt. I just ordered a bunch from amazon for cheap instead. I'll be bolting them on Saturday.

I just repainted them as well, so I'll get pics up soon.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your h2 today?