Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

What backup camera to buy and where to mount questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by H2-SUT
Really glad it worked out for you, I feel your pain with the limited room behind the radio. The prior owner removed the original Nav and put in some cheapy aftermarket POS. I promptly removed and trashed it and put in an Alpine WD957HD, a Data Maestro AR and a PAC TR-7. This give me just about every thing you can think of. Bluetooth, Nav, DVD front and rear while moving, OBD2 display of gauges, TPM, and it interfaces with the factory BOSE amp without issue. The hardest part was finding a place for all the add-ons and getting all the cable in place to be able to put the radio back in. Honestly it took me almost a full day to get it back in the dash. Something I would not want to do again, but it was worth the effort!
Cheers
Right on. It took me the better part of the day as well. I had applied the rtx silicone on the roof lights , and covered the hole under the windshield wiper cowling, the one that leaks into the fan area onto the passenger floor. We going to see if that works out.

I have a pioneer radio, probably not the best, but we will upgrade it down the road and put in the headrest monitors. Got to do something for the kiddo.

Old 09-27-2021, 09:28 AM

On an aftermarket radio - a good place for the extra wiring and interface modules is above the 4WD buttons. With the dash face off you can easily cut a notch from the stereo area in the plastic divider to get at the area above the buttons and there is a nice sizes pocket in there with plenty of room.