Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.
View Poll Results: Do I have a earlier model steering column?
Could this be part of the random warning lights that flash and stay on?
0%
Could this be why my electrical system four-wheel-drive, and other modules don’t activate?
0%
Could the recent electrical drain be caused by this when vehicle is parked?
0%
Will this cause major damage to my electrical components, including modules,?
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Well, there is something to be said about experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 01:07 PM
Default Well, there is something to be said about experience

I am relatively new to the Hummer community. I don’t really know where to start, so like I usually do, I started removing all of the electrical that didn’t belong . Then went directly to the mechanical and replaced the obvious. I started this venture with the notion that your only thing wrong with this 2005 hummer H2 was it needed a fuel pump. Well, you are laughing at me right now or are you feel my pain? It’s OK but I am not afraid to learn from my own mistakes although it can be painful at times. I’m still ordering miscellaneous parts and replacing what seems to be everything.

So this is the steering column lock and the 26046984 is what I have tracked down, although this is what I have in my 2005 hummer H2 , when I go to order this baby they tell me it won’t work. The manufactures date on H2 is 1/2005 I’m curious to know if they possibly put some earlier model parts on my vehicle?

Old 11-28-2023, 08:15 PM

2005 assembled and only 34days 'til 2024!
How many owners over the last 19years?
Got a history report, salvage title?

Old 12-05-2023, 10:05 PM
Default Been a handful of owners, although a clean title.

Although a clean title, and only a handful of owners, there was a pretty extensive audio and alarm system that was removed by the previous owner. The services that were rendered to remove the system. Well, let’s just say it was an iron curtain so I don’t know exactly what the extent of damage was done by the successor. I do know this I removed the rest of the tangled up mess and got down to original wiring. I did find that there was a Burned up amp in the rear passenger door. Of course the original system was pretty bumping anyways because it had the Bose but I removed all of the wiring and pigtails that went strewn like the web. I got so deep that I was, I could find were factory wires that were spliced … So I remove those also. The electrical issues are enormous the power does not turn off unless I turn my windshield wiper selector switch to the full blast position. Quite odd. I must say I’m looking for a little more than checking my salvage title here because obviously the parts that I have posted or what are in my H2 2005 hummer. I just recently purchased a new cylinder lock that I will be putting together in programming. I have installed a new computer, alternator, fuel pump, battery, mass, airflow sensor, brand, new, Delphi, injectors, camshaft position, sensor, intake, manifold, gaskets, including the pressure sensors, throttlebody, multitude of relays and actuators, the new selector/blinker assembly, fuel, cap, and yes, it runs still has random misfire, and I’m looking to get it towed to the dealership to have it checked out. So my question would be what can I do that? I haven’t thought of because each to experience says everything and I have none.

Old 12-11-2023, 11:54 AM

Sounds like you have a bad windshield wiper motor. I've seen a lot of threads pointing to this going bad and having a short, causing all sorts of weird electrical gremlins.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...ff-help-32276/

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...removed-47460/

Old 12-12-2023, 02:28 PM

It sounds like you have good mechanical ability. If you don't already own one get yourself a GM Tech2 tool. Without one about the only thing you can do is be a parts changer or even worse be at the mercy of the GM dealership which unfortunately don't have any Hummer mechanics anymore. Pick a specific problem and resolve it, then move to the next and do the same. Otherwise you will become overwhelmed and just give up.

Unfortunately the biggest problems with Humme'rs are ones caused by half assed mechanic wannabees. Stay the course, you will get there, there are still lots of parts available for the 05.

Old 12-23-2023, 10:43 AM
Default Had 04 miles in 2004….

Originally Posted by hummerz
2005 assembled and only 34days 'til 2024!
How many owners over the last 19years?
Got a history report, salvage title?
bought my H2 in 2004, now has over 200,000 miles on it, never in a wreck though had a few people run into my extended trailer hitch, witch saves being in a collision, 2006 H3 we bought has 52,000 miles on it, original owners….love the brand

2004 H2
2006 H3