Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Water Leak from A Pillar

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2019, 10:03 AM
Default Water Leak from A Pillar

Hi guys,

I have a 2005 H2 SUT with a water leak problem. I've checked all YouTube videos that are promising fixes but not for this one unfortunately:
when it's raining or when pouring water on the passenger side top light on the roof, water is leaking into the passenger side floor coming from a hole in the A pole at the bottom. I've sealed the rubber grommet as seen on various YouTube videos but it is still leaking in anyone knows how to fix this? photos below show where water is coming from:

I suspect it's the star screw there...

Thanks a lot!

Old 10-13-2019, 12:14 PM
Default Leak

I had similar leak tried everything..... then had a buddy with a water hose spraying the passenger side ended up being the windshield was not properly sealed on the passenger side. Might be worth looking into

Old 09-15-2021, 05:47 PM

[Mine was underneath the clearance lights,i resealed them with silicone, also theres a rubber Grommet under the left side corner light,thats where the wiring is for the top roof bar lights….

good luck…

2004H2
2006H3

QUOTE=UK_Hummer;365489]Hi guys,

I have a 2005 H2 SUT with a water leak problem. I've checked all YouTube videos that are promising fixes but not for this one unfortunately:
when it's raining or when pouring water on the passenger side top light on the roof, water is leaking into the passenger side floor coming from a hole in the A pole at the bottom. I've sealed the rubber grommet as seen on various YouTube videos but it is still leaking in anyone knows how to fix this? photos below show where water is coming from:

I suspect it's the star screw there...

Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

Old 09-15-2021, 09:50 PM

Right behind the front clearance light is a body seam that runs the length of the top, on the earlier H2's there was a 1 inch rubber strip that covered the body seam channel. On the later H2's this was rubber strip was replaced by a seam sealer compound. This would be another great place to look for water getting in as the strip may have dried out and water seeping at the seam and causing your leak.

Remove the clearance light and inspect this strip to see if it may be lifting exposing the body seam. If that is the problem water will run down the channel through the open seam and run down the a piller right where you have indicate the water is coming out.

If you find the strip has shrunk and is no longer sealing properly you can completely removed and use a body seam sealer to fill the channel. The original rubber seam sealer strip is no longer available. GM AC/Delco 10-2013 PN 12378500 is available from Amazon and works well to seal the seam. The product is can also be painted.