Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Upgrade Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 01:17 AM
Default Recommendations

I replied about the upgrade of brush guard on the 13th i said FUNK it and did it myself. Came out looking bad *** . Simple install with a couple simple tools and elbow grease. I have been replacing all cracked parts in the interior as well .

Id recommend to fix all the stuff you need to and that you want. 500 could probably change all the fluids in the truck tranny ,synthetic oil, brakes, power steering, coolant , Maintenance goes along way with these trucks. you could do your audio get tire/rim combo leveling kit if you dont have one. gears , tuner. Blah Blah. Do what you want, i just bought new OEM H2 floor mats from ebay for 69.99 just to have a brand new set. and now im hesitant to put them on cause my others are still good lol. i was also looking at cargo mats led lighting for the interior on ebay i think i might do led interior lights next i like the original looks of the headlights and fos though. Nice lights on top though you aint gonna miss sh%*!

Attached Thumbnails Upgrade Recommendations-imag3526.jpg   Upgrade Recommendations-imag3528.jpg  
Old 09-25-2013, 04:18 AM

Nice mods you have there. I'm thinking of adding a brush guard as well. By the way, just wanted to know if I can experience mpg improvement with getting a new air intake?

Old 09-25-2013, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by GRILLSMASHER
I replied about the upgrade of brush guard on the 13th i said FUNK it and did it myself. Came out looking bad *** . Simple install with a couple simple tools and elbow grease. I have been replacing all cracked parts in the interior as well .

Id recommend to fix all the stuff you need to and that you want. 500 could probably change all the fluids in the truck tranny ,synthetic oil, brakes, power steering, coolant , Maintenance goes along way with these trucks. you could do your audio get tire/rim combo leveling kit if you dont have one. gears , tuner. Blah Blah. Do what you want, i just bought new OEM H2 floor mats from ebay for 69.99 just to have a brand new set. and now im hesitant to put them on cause my others are still good lol. i was also looking at cargo mats led lighting for the interior on ebay i think i might do led interior lights next i like the original looks of the headlights and fos though. Nice lights on top though you aint gonna miss sh%*!
Very nice looking! Well done! That is the one off ebay for $500 correct? I am considering that one! The next thing I am doing which I hope to complete by the end of the week is dechroming it using plasti dip. The Chrome Grill, Mirror Chrome, and the Chrome on the back tire holder need to be gone! I will then get black door handles

Old 10-09-2013, 07:35 PM

I DE chromed my bumper and side mirrors. I used the armor all spray on bra which comes clear and black. It's bee the done for four months now. Still looks like I just sprayed it. When compared with plastic dip the armor all goes further for a smaller price but when compared online they are identical. I want to paint the grille to match my black beast but no one wants to touch it. Also vinyl vehicle wrap works wonders. For about 20 bucks I'm going to wrap the door handles flat black. Let me know where you get the black door handles and roof rack bars. Everything I find for a Hummer h2 is chrome this and that. Nothing really to black it out. I even tinted the windshield 38 percent and 5 the rest of the way around. Black TIS Drops tars, black dual exhaust tips and going to use a heat gun to bring the plastic back to factory new look.
Blacked out LED's all the way around (turn signals, brake lights, etc.)

Audio is all alpine type r speakers and three 10 inch woofers with alpine PDX amps and pioneer avic did navigation system and headrest monitors. So Five Finger Death Punch is should and proud Lmao.

Anyone black out their H2 skid plate?
Thanks

Old 10-09-2013, 11:33 PM

I blacked out my H2 skid plate and think it looks 10X better. Really cleans up the front of the truck. Much of my truck is blacked out so it only made sense because the bare metal stuck out like a sore thumb.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kirkhayes37
I blacked out my H2 skid plate and think it looks 10X better. Really cleans up the front of the truck. Much of my truck is blacked out so it only made sense because the bare metal stuck out like a sore thumb.
I also painted mine... But I made it black undercoating and made the h2 logo Pewter to match the body, it stands out alot. People now notice that its there. lol Only like $20 for the spray paint and tape

Attached Thumbnails Upgrade Recommendations-f1.jpg   Upgrade Recommendations-f2.jpg  
Old 10-11-2013, 02:19 PM

I think I'm going to plasti dip mine

Old 10-12-2013, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Dviper27
I think I'm going to plasti dip mine
I wouldn't recommend the plastic dip. It won't stand up to the road gravel very long. I've have 2 coats of each color and 2 of clear over the whole thing. After 7 months I'm already seeing a few spots where it's got a good hit. I don't think the plasi dip will last at all.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:08 AM

I just used plain old semi-gloss spray paint. That way when it gets chipped up...I can touch it up with a quick spray. I did not even remove it to paint it... Just looks so much better than stock bare metal. I have not used plasti-dip much....but I have two cans I want to try out on something. Everyone raves about the stuff..

Old 10-12-2013, 06:33 PM

I had my rims and fuel door plasti dipped for a while. I did over 4 coats of the stuff on each part and it still didn't hold up. Honestly if you're gonna go through the trouble of prepping stuff for plasti dip you should just paint the pieces instead.

I pulled all my plasti dip off, sprayed my rims, and coated my fuel door with VHT crinkle coat and everything looks awesome and I don't have to worry about it bubbling or pulling away from anything.

Plast dip is great if you want to see how black would look on something but its not for the long term by any means.

Quick Reply: Upgrade Recommendations