Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

turn signal flasher module and driving lights

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 08:03 PM
Default turn signal flasher module and driving lights

hey guys i have a bit of a conundrum. my yearly inspection was due and my turn signal flasher module had a bad relay. the left turn signal was intermittent so i ordered a replacement acdelco unit from rock auto. my original unit is a 15764135 the part itself that came for rock auto is the same number but the acdelco supplied bag that the part came in has a gm number of 10383321.
ok now the issue.
its been about 3 days since i replaced the part. i just noticed my driving lights "aka fake fogs" are not running. neither one wich is odd. i could see one maybe going out but they are led now.
does the flasher relay module actually control the driving lights "factory driving lights that should have been fog lights in any other vehicle but not in this h2" ?
according to some info they do.
it has been super cold and heavy snow lately so have not had time to swap the old and new flasher module to verify if it actually is the cause but thats the last thing i have replaced since they stopped working.
i do not have the gm electrical diagram

which is probably why the taho switch does not toggle the "fog light" functions in the hummer even thogh a tech 2 sees it and knows if its enabled or not? but thats another story. probably also need this flasher module from the taho? but thats a question for another time.
hopefully i dont get a captain obvious report from hummerz :P like dude check your fuzez mannnn.

i just want t know if this turn signal flasher relay actually controls the driving lights "fog lights".
a schematic would definitely be appreciated if no one knows off hand

Old 02-19-2021, 08:35 AM

Did you check your drl fuse/ swap drl relay?
15764135 is a supersession 10383321

Old 02-19-2021, 11:38 AM

thanks hummerz always on que.... i had already switched the drl fuse and the relay with the horn and horn works fine with drl relay and fuse.
do we know or have a diagram showing if the DRL's actually pass's through the turn signal / hazard flasher module.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:03 PM

Drl's are controlled by the ambient light sensor and trans switch.
Did you check for voltage at connector?
Check with drl mod (posted below)

Originally Posted by HummBob
Attachment 23365

Step 1: get some 20g wire, a 200v 1amp diode (Radio shack PN: 276-1102)

Step 2: Install the diode inbetween a line of wire. Or better put, get two pieces or wire and wire on to each side of the diode. You can solder it or wrap the wire around the diode wire and tape it up with electrical tape (NOT RECOMMEND, you should solder it)

Step 3: Remove the Prk fuse 10amp and the drl fuse 10amp.

Step 4: lift the park relay and drl relay and place the wire/diode ends (exposed wire) into the specific slots in the relay. 86/85 respectivily. Make sure the little grey strip, the cathode side, is point towards the PRK RELAY 86. Also make sure the diodes wires arent exposed and not grounding on anything.

Step 5: Replace the relays in their specific slots. Make sure to line them up correctly; they got numbers next to the contact points on the bottom so its really easy no to mess this up.

Step 6: Replace the fuses.

Step 7: Enjoy!!

Old 02-19-2021, 12:40 PM

thanks. i guess i have to find a schematic for the ambient light sensor as well.

Old 02-19-2021, 12:56 PM

Wired to bcm. Just cover it and check if headlights turn on, in "auto" position, or wait until dark to test.

Old 02-19-2021, 04:31 PM

Some wiring info, not sure if it's what you need.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Light Sensors+Flasfer.pdf (1.77 MB, 100 views)
Old 02-19-2021, 04:57 PM

ok the sensor works hummerz my headlights turned on when covered and turned off when exposed to daylight.
thank you oceanbrave for the pdf. did you ever get to sort out your tech2 issue?
i guess i have to find some time to swap back the old flasher module but its freezing and snowing around these parts. i just don't want to break any of the plastic panels with the cold
if it works i guess i will just unsolder the new relays and put it into the old flasher module. one of the relays has bad points.
if not then i guess i have bigger fish to fry. i will jump out the drl relay to verify if at least that part of the circuit is functional before i fight with the module removal as its a pain in the *** to get to.

Old 02-19-2021, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
ok the sensor works hummerz my headlights turned on when covered and turned off when exposed to daylight.
thank you oceanbrave for the pdf. did you ever get to sort out your tech2 issue?
i guess i have to find some time to swap back the old flasher module but its freezing and snowing around these parts. i just don't want to break any of the plastic panels with the cold
if it works i guess i will just unsolder the new relays and put it into the old flasher module. one of the relays has bad points.
if not then i guess i have bigger fish to fry. i will jump out the drl relay to verify if at least that part of the circuit is functional before i fight with the module removal as its a pain in the *** to get to.
Do you have a power probe(or a jumper wire)? Key not needed in the ignition! Remove drl relay, send voltage to slot 87. Do the drl's illuminate?

Last edited by hummerz; 02-20-2021 at 04:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2021, 01:40 PM

yes i do own a paper clip hummerz and a multimeter. will get to that as soon as i get a day thats not below freeing.
you will be surprised how much a paper clip can do lol.
but joking aside you can just pop the cover off a relay and manually operate it. or spend money on relay test kit which is just basically a gutted relay with a switch and a led.

Quick Reply: turn signal flasher module and driving lights