Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Transmission Hot on display, not towing anything

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2024, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by 2004H2
updated cooler installation by AAmco, the cooler they installed is 4 times the size of the stock one, will show it works out on my next turnpike run in 3 weeks

Oem replacement that is going back to Amazon

Installed by AAMCO
You added another debris sh>t trap collector preventing airflow to the engine! Check temp under the hood while driving.
I found a radiator core support with your layout, that is now in a salvage yard:

Proper airflow is the key to longevity!

Old 08-13-2024, 07:25 PM
Default Engine temp…

[QUOTE=hummerz;410091]You added another debris sh>t trap collector preventing airflow to the engine! Check temp under the hood while driving.
I found a radiator core support with your layout, that is now in a salvage yard:

[/QUOTE back in the day, we had straight fans, then we had flex fans, before clutch fans came out, so at idle they sucked in more air than a Kirby vacuum cleaner would, todays fans are different, even at idle my truck pulls a good amount of air even with the new cooler on it, though before I put the new cooler on it, I had installed a electric fan.

The electric fan made a huge difference in a/c cooling of the truck, when you first started up and it’s 125 degrees in the cab, cooled down in 2-3 minutes had cold air out the vents, so I’ll be reinstalling those 2 fans again on the condenser, I’m sure it will get plenty of airflow I also bought a dual relay to operate 2 fans that turn off/on at set temperatures….

Rick

2004H2
2006H3

Last edited by 2004H2; 08-13-2024 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-13-2024, 07:35 PM

[QUOTE=2004H2;410125]
Originally Posted by hummerz
You added another debris sh>t trap collector preventing airflow to the engine! Check temp under the hood while driving.

[/QUOTE back in the day, we had straight fans, then we had flex fans, before clutch fans came out, so at idle they sucked in more air than a Kirby vacuum cleaner would, todays fans are different, even at idle my truck pulls a good amount of air even with the new cooler on it, though before I put the new cooler on it, I had installed a electric fan.

The electric fan made a huge difference in a/c cooling of the truck, when you first started up and it’s 125 degrees in the cab, cooled down in 2-3 minutes had cold air out the vents, so I’ll be reinstalling those 2 fans again one one the condenser and one on the transmission cooler, I’m sure it will get plenty of airflow I also bought a dual relay to operate 2 fans that turn off/on at set temperatures….

Rick

2004H2
2006H3
When I put AC in the 65 Vette and added the condenser in front of the rad, I added a Thin Spal Fan in front of the condenser. So now with the DeWitts dual spal fan rad and the condenser fan I can get the outlet air temp measured with an Auto meter temp gauge at the vent down to 34*

So when I flip on the AC ...three fans come on. That's why I use a Powermaster 140 Amp Alternator. The rad fans pull about 27 Amps each at start up and the about 23 amps running times 2. Plus about 15 Amps on the smaller Spal on the condenser.

You have to take in AMP usage when you add High current stuff.

Old 08-13-2024, 08:20 PM

back in the day, we had straight fans, then we had flex fans, before clutch fans came out, so at idle they sucked in more air than a Kirby vacuum cleaner would, todays fans are different, even at idle my truck pulls a good amount of air even with the new cooler on it, though before I put the new cooler on it, I had installed a electric fan.

The electric fan made a huge difference in a/c cooling of the truck, when you first started up and it’s 125 degrees in the cab, cooled down in 2-3 minutes had cold air out the vents, so I’ll be reinstalling those 2 fans again on the condenser, I’m sure it will get plenty of airflow I also bought a dual relay to operate 2 fans that turn off/on at set temperatures….

Rick

2004H2
2006H3
You're missing the point of airflow restriction!

Last edited by hummerz; 08-13-2024 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-14-2024, 10:44 AM
Default Missing the point…

Originally Posted by hummerz
You're missing the point of airflow restriction!
I totally understand your side, being a Tractor/Trailer mechanic for 45 years for a major food company, adding the extra cooler decreases the air flow,yet it makes no difference to the truck at 70-80 mph its ram air, and since it has a brand new aluminum radiator in it, actually put a new aluminum radiator in both hummers,the best way to improve air flow would be to remove the grill,install a custom screen grill and add foam tubes on both ends of radiator between the condenser and the radiator, because air follows the least restrictive area, so if you block off those sides it has a positive air flow….

the H2 is 20 years old, hopefully it will last till I can find a replacement, there’s nothing out there I like….just a bunch of shoe box’s on wheels

Rick

Old 08-14-2024, 11:36 AM
Default Thank you

[QUOTE=Mark R;410126]

When I put AC in the 65 Vette and added the condenser in front of the rad, I added a Thin Spal Fan in front of the condenser. So now with the DeWitts dual spal fan rad and the condenser fan I can get the outlet air temp measured with an Auto meter temp gauge at the vent down to 34*

So when I flip on the AC ...three fans come on. That's why I use a Powermaster 140 Amp Alternator. The rad fans pull about 27 Amps each at start up and the about 23 amps running times 2. Plus about 15 Amps on the smaller Spal on the condenser.

You have to take in AMP usage when you add High current stuff.
thanks, each fan draw is 3 amps 7” fans , there’s not a lot of room for fans in the split clam shell hood on the H2, the fans has to be in the condenser side or mounted on the hood side, I’ve tried some bigger fans but the hood crushes them, there pushers……so 7” seems to be the ticket….

Rick