Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Torque Specs for 2006 H2 Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 03:05 PM
Default Torque Specs for 2006 H2 Hummer

HIya,
I am working on the front and rear suspension this weekend. I have searched on the forum and also on the web and can't seem to find specs for below. I purchased the upper control arms, both upper and lower ball joints, and inner and outer tie rods from Kryptonite - I have torque specs for those (they send with the kit).

From a separate vendor I purchased the swaybar end links for the rear.(no lift, all standard OEM). I am trying to find out what the torque specs are for:
  • End links to the swaybar,
  • front steering damper,
  • all four shocks, and
  • front lower suspension control arms
Any help would be really appreciated.

Old 10-09-2020, 04:33 PM

Torque specs on suspension parts? Just tighten until you feel the resistance and stop before your eyes are popping out. If they break during install, they are junk and need replaced immediately.

Old 10-09-2020, 05:43 PM

Rear end links - 59 lb ft
Front shocks lower bolts - 59 lb ft, top bolts - 15 lb ft
Rear shocks - 85 lb ft
Front lower control arms - nuts - 160 lb ft, lower ball joints - 37 lb ft plus 90 degrees

See attached pdf on the steering shock...

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
steer.pdf (104.5 KB, 302 views)
Old 10-11-2020, 09:38 AM
Default hilarious response

Originally Posted by hummerz
Torque specs on suspension parts? Just tighten until you feel the resistance and stop before your eyes are popping out. If they break during install, they are junk and need replaced immediately.
I had to chuckle on the break it replace it comment. I am not a big muscular woman but I know how to use my weight for leverage - unfortunately I can break things........ give for instance a bolt that is supposed to hold solar panels down to a ground mount system for 150mph - so I pulled the bolt through the frame - have to go to the manufacturer on that one.

Old 10-11-2020, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
Rear end links - 59 lb ft
Front shocks lower bolts - 59 lb ft, top bolts - 15 lb ft
Rear shocks - 85 lb ft
Front lower control arms - nuts - 160 lb ft, lower ball joints - 37 lb ft plus 90 degrees

See attached pdf on the steering shock...
Thank you so much - I really appreciate the specs and the attachment. I have had a horrible time finding bolts for the shocks and steering damper. Hopefully our local hardware store will have most in stock. When ordering new - nothing seems to come with replacement bolts or nuts, a big dissapointment. Thankfully Kryptonite products come with everything I need - hoping for an easy install.

Thanks again.