Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Is it time to start stock piling parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 11:20 AM
Default Is it time to start stock piling parts?

It’s interesting how quickly things are changing last month I almost had a low mileage 08 base SUT where the deal fell through but now maybe that’s a good thing. Gas costs continue to go thru the roof with no end in sight. Personally I think that’s the governments master plan to get us into electric vehicles. As a result no doubt this will affect the value of our H2’s.

Initially this is going to help us true H2 lovers keep our older vehicles on the road and increase the amount that get retired and sent to salvage yards. Considering mine has 130k on it I’m wondering if the time to start stock piling exclusive H2 parts that are prone to failure with age, mileage and exposure to the elements. As it is right now some parts can no longer be gotten and I doubt LKM and other re-poppers are going to make parts considering the low numbers of H2’s that were built.

The GM shared parts should not be a problem, but stuff like rear air bags, compressor parts, air diverter/dash air parts, seat heater controls and dash plastic parts like the door panels are going to be a problem. The Outside plastics are also an issue.

I have always said plastic parts will be the major cause of the demise of this great vehicle. So, my opinion is if you want to keep your H2 strong and looking good start now. I would love to see a thread started on recommended parts to collect.

Regards all, stay strong, the odds are against us, let’s do what we can to keep these great vehicles on the road!

Old 03-24-2021, 01:25 PM

used parts will be available for a while but the vultures will price themselves out of reality. they will probably wind up like OPEC will when the electrification comes in full force...... hoping to sell something anything lol

Old 03-24-2021, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

WOW. The government as little to nothing to do with gas prices, it is commodities market driven by greedy investors other than road taxes paid at the pump.

Parts get interesting when you are looking for pieces of 50+ year old Oldsmobiles. Finding Hummer parts is a walk through the park.

Old 04-02-2021, 06:13 PM

Hmmmm...I would suggest that government policies and attitudes do indeed have a significant effect on gas prices. Gas here in CA was stable at $3/gal for 2 years...5 days before Biden took office, prices jumped 10 cents, another 15 cents the day after his inauguration, and have now reached $4+/gal within 3 months of the election. Coincidence? Democrats' pro-green/anti-oil stance is definitely having an effect now that they have control of the Presidency AND the both branches of Congress.

Last edited by 650Hawk; 04-02-2021 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:25 PM

Remember when?

Old 04-02-2021, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by 650Hawk
Hmmmm...I would suggest that government policies and attitudes do indeed have a significant effect on gas prices. Gas here in CA was stable at $3/gal for 2 years...5 days before Biden took office, prices jumped 10 cents, another 15 cents the day after his inauguration, and have now reached $4+/gal within 3 months of the election. Coincidence? Democrats' pro-green/anti-oil stance is definitely having an effect now that they have control of the Presidency AND the both branches of Congress.
I have to totally agree with you, I have a friend who is a high ranking official with Exxon an he says this is only the beginning. And he thinks it’s part of the plan to make gas and oil less desirable and force the switch to electric vehicles. If you don’t think the government has little or no control on fuel sorry, I won’t drink that koolaid. Believe what you will, Cheers all.