Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Thinking about selling the H2

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 03:23 PM
Default Thinking about selling the H2

So I've had my H2 for about 12 yrs, its a 2005 and I purchased it from the original owner who used it as a winter car. It's been my baby and my daily but I'm thinking about selling it. I picked up a 2016 Yukon Denali 4wd with a 6.2. Obviously night and day difference in drivability and comfort.

I have spent a fortune on my H2 the last few years repairing and replacing everything but its starting to wear me out. It's loud noise wise going down the highway and as we all know its almost a chore to drive sometimes.

Someone want to talk me off this ledge or what? I don't need to trade it in as they're offering me a whopping $10K for it. I think even at 185,000 miles its gotta be worth $15,900. I'm not locked into the Yukon, I have it for the weekend but it's a nice ride.

Any comments?

Tim

Last edited by tharber; 11-21-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:13 PM

How much they asking for the Yukon? Your dealer offer is high on the trade in, you can make more on a private sale, or accept that offer and make an offer on the Yukon price, to get your $15,900. (eg, asking $45,900, offer 30k with trade)
NADA Guide

Old 11-21-2020, 05:37 PM

Don't forget to calculate the sales tax credit on trade in, 6% in FLA = $600.00 for every $10k.

Old 11-22-2020, 07:31 AM

I have done this in the past... (3 times) lol. Sell it and when you miss her buy another, or keep it for a spare toy. I have owned many many vehicles over my life, I always end up back with a H2. Only vehicle that seems to make me never get tired of her.... sure she has issues every now and then- however once they resolved its a feeling of satisfaction and enjoyment,

You can always buy another- next time you will go in knowing exactly what typical repairs are due and you can change colors, options etc -

You will be back, especially once you buy the Yukon and realize- the vehicle you now drive- will leave a part of you longing for the individuality only the H2 can provide........

I usually last about 2 years without one- been that way since 2005 - lol. The best fit is a H2 along with an exotic/convertible.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Chrmer3
I have done this in the past... (3 times) lol. Sell it and when you miss her buy another, or keep it for a spare toy. I have owned many many vehicles over my life, I always end up back with a H2. Only vehicle that seems to make me never get tired of her.... sure she has issues every now and then- however once they resolved its a feeling of satisfaction and enjoyment,

You can always buy another- next time you will go in knowing exactly what typical repairs are due and you can change colors, options etc -

You will be back, especially once you buy the Yukon and realize- the vehicle you now drive- will leave a part of you longing for the individuality only the H2 can provide........

I usually last about 2 years without one- been that way since 2005 - lol. The best fit is a H2 along with an exotic/convertible.
That's my issue. I've had it so long I can't imagine not having it and regretting it. I don't need the money but I can't store anymore vehicles in my garage or driveway. I have 3 BMW's, a Harley and a Vette...can't park on top of any of them. My dealer buddy told me it was time to buy a bigger house with bigger garage!

Tim

Old 11-22-2020, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
How much they asking for the Yukon? Your dealer offer is high on the trade in, you can make more on a private sale, or accept that offer and make an offer on the Yukon price, to get your $15,900. (eg, asking $45,900, offer 30k with trade)
NADA Guide

Its not a money thing but I've done all those calculations and even considered the tax savings of trading. I just want to be talked out of getting rid of it. It owes me nothing but a the same time its priceless.

Tim

Old 11-22-2020, 05:02 PM

I started with a 2006 H3 in 2008. After 9 years and 170,000 miles I traded it in on a 2005 H2 Lux. Love my H2 but now my wife misses the H3. So going to keep her happy. Then I think I will look to add a H2T to the driveway. The Lux will stay stock. The H2T will get tricked out. Guess I am hooked on them also.

Old 11-22-2020, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by tharber
Its not a money thing but I've done all those calculations and even considered the tax savings of trading. I just want to be talked out of getting rid of it. It owes me nothing but a the same time its priceless.

Tim
You forgot to add the price on the '16 & mileage? I would never talk you out of it due to your concerns posted on your original post, and the mileage should be a concern too. I've never clocked 6 figures on any vehicle I've owned, instead I've resold my vehicles much higher than kbb/nada retail value, because of low mileage clocked. 40yrs since the first vehicle I've purchased, and back then the average vehicle purchase cost was under $1k per year, now the average vehicle purchase cost is over $6k per year. Buy used! The closest I ever got to buying new was a 1999 purchase for a 1999 used model, saved $10k+ below msrp, my wife drove it for many years, and when I sold it, after the purchase price, it came out to $1k average vehicle purchase cost per year. 2016 GMC Yukon Denali can set you back $66k and over $80k msrp for the 2021 model.

Old 11-22-2020, 08:00 PM

Well you can always get another down the road if you start getting the shakes.... hell, half the fun is sorting one out and driving something that’s now not seen every day.. they are just a unique vehicle. I think we still have another 10 years before they may do like other vintage vehicles...at that point the clean rust free (florida) / southern vehicles will command premiums... you can still find clean H2’s mid teens (2003-7). Yours will sell for that so if you do buy again down the road - you know enough to find a rust free example and what to look for service wise.... I never thought I would find another 2006 fusion H2 as clean as the one I sold in 2014. This one I found now is, so they are still out there.

I think in in your situation the parking space issues take another angle that only you can answer.... I would just say sell , if you do miss her- you will have your weekends occupied when you buy another h2 to sort out - lol.

Old 11-23-2020, 12:09 AM

My 2007 H2 died about 6 months ago.. blew the engine with 245,000 miles on it. I bought it with 8 miles on it. I have been debating selling it for a few years, every now and then I would go out and test drive something but it just wasn't the same. After the engine blew I went out and bought a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've had them before and like them. The H2 has been in the garage the whole time and I was waiting to see how much the new electric would be. I died when I saw 112k and the Jeep just isn't that comfortable. . I talked to several mechanics and then settled on one who is putting in a new refurb Jasper engine and pretty much all new steering part and replacing all seals underneath. I was quoted 11k for everything. What sold me on doing it is the one mechanic said, when we're done you will have the only brand new 2007 Hummer out there. I should have it back by Chrstmas. Maybe spend some money and get as much redone as you think it needs? Good luck!

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling the H2