Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Tesla style touch screen unit Android 10.1 OS/Wireless Apple CarPlay for our H2

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by alamry
sorry for the late reply been away for sometime, i received the item but unfortunately arrived broken in pieces due to two main factors; 1st: mishandling of the shipping company and 2nd: packaging of the unit was very poor hence the box containing the item was fairly large and three quarters of the box was empty with very thin padding on quarter of the inside box to protect the player resulting in damage on arrival.

quality of the screen looks good but unless the seller resolves the packaging issues it will almost certainly arrive broken. seller has refused to accept responsibility for the poor packaging.
thanks for the reply ....

Old 08-06-2020, 03:32 AM

Any updates on this, did you get a replacement?

Old 08-25-2020, 11:46 PM
Default Steering wheel control problem

Originally Posted by alamry
yes it will retain steering controls functions.
I recently bought the same thing, but the steering wheel controls don't work on my Hummer 2007.
I connected the key wire to the green wire on the steering wheel, as the support team there informed me, but failed.
How did you succeed in it?

Old 08-26-2020, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by hummerian
I recently bought the same thing, but the steering wheel controls don't work on my Hummer 2007.
I connected the key wire to the green wire on the steering wheel, as the support team there informed me, but failed.
Can you add one of those radio interface units to it for a GM vehicle? I inquired about this setup but could never get a straight answer about the steering controls

Old 08-26-2020, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Booch
Can you add one of those radio interface units to it for a GM vehicle? I inquired about this setup but could never get a straight answer about the steering controls
Thank you for answer. So, is it impossible to the steering control without the radio interface unit? Did you make it possible by adding a radio interface?

Old 08-26-2020, 05:21 AM

Thank you for answer. So, is it impossible to the steering control without the radio interface unit? Did you make it possible by adding a radio interface?
I do not know I never purchased the tesla style unit, however, I know I needed this type unit when installing my current aftermarket radio, it allowed the steering wheel controls to be used with the radio

Old 06-27-2021, 09:54 PM

I have the same Tesla radio, I was able to enable the steering wheel controls, is just a software setting, no need to plug any wires nor add any controllers, you just need to configure a car profile in the settings section that is password locked, send me a message and I will help you get it set correctly …

Old 07-04-2021, 03:47 PM

So the short answer (read between the lines) is “Do not bother with this Chinese junk”?
Is that the final verdict?

Old 07-04-2021, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by finall
So the short answer (read between the lines) is “Do not bother with this Chinese junk”?
Is that the final verdict?
Oh no, they are amazing, I could not be happier !!!

I for sure could not find a better replacement radio for the Hummer anywhere else and you can not beat the price either …

The ones sold by Phoenix Audio are the same Chinese ones, but they are always selling a 6 month old version, the newest ones you can get them on Alibaba … that’s where I got mine !!!

Old 07-04-2021, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ales
Oh no, they are amazing, I could not be happier !!!

I for sure could not find a better replacement radio for the Hummer anywhere else and you can not beat the price either …

The ones sold by Phoenix Audio are the same Chinese ones, but they are always selling a 6 month old version, the newest ones you can get them on Alibaba … that’s where I got mine !!!
CAUTION: Posted by a person with only 2 posts who just joined the forum. Very suspicious.

Something tells me that you may actually be the Chinese seller.
The dead give-away was when you said you have the password to the password-protected software......

I would like to hear from someone who has been on this forum for more than a month, who actually got this thing to work completely integrated to the car's controls and optional above-board modules linked to the OEM deck, like overhead backup camera (mine has it), ONStar, etc.

I hope for the seller's and buyer's sake that this thing actually works.
I DO like the look of it! It makes the dash much more modern.
It was a good idea for the manufacturer to realize there is a market for these Hummer retrofits.
But this retrofit seems to remove the ONStar unit, as there is now no more room for it?

One other thing: Some H2 have carbon fiber dipped bezels.
Mine SE does. But I would have to trade that in for a plain aftermarket bezel if I went this route.
Would be nice if seller offered an OEM look in both versions of bezels. Not too hard to dip these small parts.

Last edited by finall; 07-05-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Tesla style touch screen unit Android 10.1 OS/Wireless Apple CarPlay for our H2