Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Tesla style touch screen unit Android 10.1 OS/Wireless Apple CarPlay for our H2

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by alamry
a rule of thumb; when buying from a sub retailer or distributor in the Chinese market, no-doubt after sales support is very limited to non existent, except in this case scenario when buying from the manufacturer support and updates are obtainable when available.
Why is this one so different than other manufactures from ali site?

Old 04-27-2020, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Booch
Why is this one so different than other manufactures from ali site?
Cost, Specs, Quality grade and after sales support i guess

Old 04-27-2020, 05:13 PM

would be nice if the climate control and heated seats feature could be used but that might not work on 2003-7 models

Old 04-27-2020, 05:37 PM

will steering controls still function?

Old 04-27-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
would be nice if the climate control and heated seats feature could be used but that might not work on 2003-7 models
those would've been 2 cool features, but you're correct they won't work due to limitations on our 03/07 models. i have these features and more for example on my other 12" display unit installed in my other 2017 model truck.

Last edited by alamry; 04-29-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by JAC-H2
will steering controls still function?
yes it will retain steering controls functions.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:14 AM

Cost, Specs, Quality grade and after sales support i guess
So you purchased from them before? Just curious how you know that particularly the after-sales support. don't get me wrong I love the idea these work great for offroad using existing Apps for navigation, I'm just worried about after a month of ownership seeing items Ive seen in the past with other types of andriod radios, to include blinking screens, and Bluetooth and wifi connection issues because of required updates. Do you know if the radio is able to recieve updates if connected to wifi?

Last edited by Booch; 04-28-2020 at 07:41 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Booch
So you purchased from them before? Just curious how you know that particularly the after-sales support. don't get me wrong I love the idea these work great for offroad using existing Apps for navigation, I'm just worried about after a month of ownership seeing items Ive seen in the past with other types of andriod radios, to include blinking screens, and Bluetooth and wifi connection issues because of required updates. Do you know if the radio is able to recieve updates if connected to wifi?
i've purchased from this company before and all is good to date. speaking from personal experience, i did run into situation at initial stage where i needed some assistance with the installation and they were there to help, equally i did requested them for MSU Android update few months later and again they were there to assist, "maybe i'm just lucky"

a known fact about chinese products, you will find same looking item but in a number of different hardware grade qualities, hence some will work without issues and other cheap ones will give you problems from day one if you don't know where or who to buy from in china.

software and hardware compatibility is another very important factor one should take into consideration when buying these units, for example newer hardware/software and operating systems tend to have communication and pairing issues with some older devices and vice versa.

none of the android radios i've seen or heard of to date are system updatable over the air, all must be updated via usb flash drive on fat32 partition. one can however update android apps on google play via wifi.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:32 AM

i've purchased from this company before and all is good to date. speaking from personal experience, i did run into situation at initial stage where i needed some assistance with the installation and they were there to help, equally i did requested them for MSU Android update few months later and again they were there to assist, "maybe i'm just lucky"

a known fact about chinese products, you will find same looking item but in a number of different hardware grade qualities, hence some will work without issues and other cheap ones will give you problems from day one if you don't know where or who to buy from in china.

software and hardware compatibility is another very important factor one should take into consideration when buying these units, for example newer hardware/software and operating systems tend to have communication and pairing issues with some older devices and vice versa.

none of the android radios i've seen or heard of to date are system updatable over the air, all must be updated via usb flash drive on fat32 partition. one can however update android apps on google play via wifi.
im thinking of getting this setup did you ever get it installed ? if so how is it ?

Old 06-29-2020, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by hmer
im thinking of getting this setup did you ever get it installed ? if so how is it ?
sorry for the late reply been away for sometime, i received the item but unfortunately arrived broken in pieces due to two main factors; 1st: mishandling of the shipping company and 2nd: packaging of the unit was very poor hence the box containing the item was fairly large and three quarters of the box was empty with very thin padding on quarter of the inside box to protect the player resulting in damage on arrival.

quality of the screen looks good but unless the seller resolves the packaging issues it will almost certainly arrive broken. seller has refused to accept responsibility for the poor packaging.

Quick Reply: Tesla style touch screen unit Android 10.1 OS/Wireless Apple CarPlay for our H2