Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Tesla style touch screen unit Android 10.1 OS/Wireless Apple CarPlay for our H2

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2020, 12:03 AM
Default Tesla style touch screen unit Android 10.1 OS/Wireless Apple CarPlay for our H2

thought i'll put this out there for our H2 fellow members.... i'm by no means affiliated with this company, just sharing information to help other fellow members looking to get something like this.

I ordered online from China this wonderful plug and play Tesla style 9.7 inch touch screen unit with latest Android 10.1 OS and wireless Apple CarPlay for 2005 H2. The unite comes with all required plug and play mating connections and cables for 2003-2007 models only so no messing about with wires.

i've had quite a bit of hands-on experience with these new generation 2019/2020 of Tesla style units hence, i've installed a similar 12" system on my other truck few months ago and to my surprise it exceeded my expectations and seem to operate just fine if the unit is setup properly at initial stage.

i've been researching and monitoring the development of these Chinese products in general for the past 5 years now and how they have evolved from past generations of old cheap Chinese quality hardware/software to the new 4th generation units supercharged with latest hardware/software i.e, CPU,RAM,ROM Etc.... blended with the new Android OS and i must say without doubt things have dramatically changed for the bitter.

this unit comes in 2 configurations, i ordered the higher specs unit:

8 Core Intel cpu
4gb ram
64gb rom
supports steering wheel controls
Android 10.1 os supports wireless apple carpaly
1080P HD,and 3D background 1024*768
Supports IPS screen
Supports external Mobile hard disk
Supports external USB cable
built-in Wi-fi
Supports Logo change to your
preferred background
Supports optional SWC/TPMS/Phone Link/OBD II
Supports Multi-media Player,Internet Entrainment, games and chat on-line
Supports IGO,TOMTOM,Garmin maps etc.
Supports optional Car DVR System - works with optional USB camera

and the list goes on

below is a link to my one drive to view or download these pictures and two other video clips showing some functions of the unit sent to me from China by the sales team before they shipped the unit out

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkXM5289-y_bhEQO...hHfQr?e=g5BjcL

link to AliBaba website for this unit

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...e3&bypass=true

Last edited by alamry; 04-25-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-25-2020, 01:04 AM

nice setup. about time someone came up with an updated setup for the hummer.
take some pictures of the install when you get the unit.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
nice setup. about time someone came up with an updated setup for the hummer.
take some pictures of the install when you get the unit.
we'll do

Old 04-25-2020, 08:12 AM

I am not a huge fan of aftermarket radio installs but that looks fantastic.

Old 04-25-2020, 03:33 PM

I think it looks awesome but what does it do? I'm not a tech guy but I assume that since it has apple car play that the only tunes you get are from a cell phone, correct?

It would be really cool if they had that thingy with a radio, XM radio and incorporated the climate control too.

Nice work

Tim

Old 04-25-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by tharber
I think it looks awesome but what does it do? I'm not a tech guy but I assume that since it has apple car play that the only tunes you get are from a cell phone, correct?

It would be really cool if they had that thingy with a radio, XM radio and incorporated the climate control too.

Nice work

Tim
it's basically an all in one full android internet tablet with built in car functions and wireless apple carplay so you get best of both worlds. not sure about XM radio but it has AM/FM radios and you can paly tunes from iphone or android cell phones, equally you can transfer and play tunes from the built in 64gb rom or use an external usb ssd to play all your videos and tunes via the built in player or download a player of your liking from google store. you can also pair your phone and have it as hotspot to listen to tunes via internet on the go.

i will be pairing this unit with Samsung T7 ssd 1TB externally via the included usb's to store thousands of my personal tunes and music videos.

with a bit of creativity, possibilities are endless

Last edited by alamry; 04-25-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 09:30 AM

That is slick! The one thing that has still held me up on all of the Chinese head units is not a single one I've seen so far has an HD Radio AM/FM tuner just the basic AM/FM tuner. Half of the radio stations around here have one or more digital HD channels (a few have 2 or 3 more channels). If you are not familiar with HD radio it is a more modern tuner technology that also receives album art, station art, track data, etc and switches to a digital stream when in range (including the main station). That being said, stations have to support it as well and the range is somewhat more limited than the analog broadcast and in analog there are no alternate stations. If you live in an area that has it though, it is pretty nice to have. HD Radio is mostly in the US but is in most of North and South America and some on other continents. Other continents like Europe are mostly going with a competing standard, DAB+, but there are a couple of others also being tested or gaining use worldwide as well like CDR, DRM, etc. I think nowadays the younger generations just do not listen to the radio as much though and mostly stream over the internet and play content from their smart phones which they are physically addicted to.

Old 04-27-2020, 09:45 AM

That's cool, but keep your old stuff handy, I've had a few of these android radios in My Fj40 in the past made in China, within a year it is hard to get updates to units to keep up with technology and apps and such. Seems they dry up support and force you to purchase a new unit ... just my.02

Old 04-27-2020, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
That is slick! The one thing that has still held me up on all of the Chinese head units is not a single one I've seen so far has an HD Radio AM/FM tuner just the basic AM/FM tuner. Half of the radio stations around here have one or more digital HD channels (a few have 2 or 3 more channels). If you are not familiar with HD radio it is a more modern tuner technology that also receives album art, station art, track data, etc and switches to a digital stream when in range (including the main station). That being said, stations have to support it as well and the range is somewhat more limited than the analog broadcast and in analog there are no alternate stations. If you live in an area that has it though, it is pretty nice to have. HD Radio is mostly in the US but is in most of North and South America and some on other continents. Other continents like Europe are mostly going with a competing standard, DAB+, but there are a couple of others also being tested or gaining use worldwide as well like CDR, DRM, etc. I think nowadays the younger generations just do not listen to the radio as much though and mostly stream over the internet and play content from their smart phones which they are physically addicted to.
to my understanding DAB+ is an add on option that one can get, when ordering these units, , most countries of the world don't use HD radios yet hence, sold as an option on most of these radios. For me internet HD world radio's/Video tunes is the way to go and i'm 56 old but 16 at heart

Last edited by alamry; 04-28-2020 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Booch
That's cool, but keep your old stuff handy, I've had a few of these android radios in My Fj40 in the past made in China, within a year it is hard to get updates to units to keep up with technology and apps and such. Seems they dry up support and force you to purchase a new unit ... just my.02
a rule of thumb; when buying from a sub retailer or distributor in the Chinese market, no-doubt after sales support is very limited to non existent, except in this case scenario when buying from the manufacturer, support and updates are obtainable when available.

Last edited by alamry; 04-27-2020 at 12:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Tesla style touch screen unit Android 10.1 OS/Wireless Apple CarPlay for our H2