Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

TECH 2 Stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 12:24 PM

MixManSC that's great information and much appreciated !

The RTC chip I've already replaced and of course the battery, but it was none of those. The "over-cooked" looking chip is just the way it is, an inverter I think.

Just waiting to get my unit back.

Old 03-10-2021, 02:37 PM

What I put up will probably not help (sounds like something let its magic smoke out). For what its worth, I got mine from Chincardiags as well which Bronx linked before. I think he and likely some others also bought theirs from there based on my recommendation. I know a lot of other also did on some other forums. Mine still works great. I have had at least a couple of time that the display got garbled but a power cycle cleared it up.

Old 03-10-2021, 05:00 PM

What's really need is a Tech2 circuit diagram ...

Old 03-10-2021, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by oceanbrave
What's really need is a Tech2 circuit diagram ...
2 months later, you can't get that from VDDS? You have more patience than me, if I can't repair within a day, I throw it to the curb & replace.

Old 03-10-2021, 07:35 PM

here is a dump of my card
[edit] cant upload the 4mb zip file

Last edited by bronxteck; 03-10-2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-11-2021, 03:42 AM

It's understandable about not giving away circuit info, it's fairly typical for copyright and key knowledge issues, plus its all about the money.

There are so many variations of Tech2 and only the original creator of each will have the info.

Seems my unit is nothing like the original, the build quality and complexity have been sacrificed to cut cost, even the PCMCIA cards.

So just putting this out there about VDDS, AJ Patel is a really helpful, knowledgeable guy and true to his word, all of which seems to be a rarity in business these days.

So hat's off to AJ because I know he's tried his best and I'd certainly recommend his company and NO I haven't been paid to say this...

Looking back I see my unit is actually 4 years old (hard to believe) so it's still been a good investment.

At my age, patience is not a virtue… it’s a luxury

Old 03-11-2021, 05:49 PM

hummerz where would this forum be or our hummers if we did not take some time to diagnose and troubleshoot our vehicles.
it's not like we can pick one up a new one at the dealer yet as you mention..... same would go for oceanbrave's tech 2

oceanbrave does your tech 2 have gold plated traces on the main board? mine seems to have that. looks better actually then the pics in the google doc mixmansc posted but it does have a hybrid board where the normal tech2 would have the Mornsun VRB1205LD 15W DC-DC Converter isolated single output DIP

Old 03-11-2021, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
hummerz where would this forum be or our hummers if we did not take some time to diagnose and troubleshoot our vehicles.
it's not like we can pick one up a new one at the dealer yet as you mention..... same would go for oceanbrave's tech 2
Do not sell your HUMMER! NOT the same with the tech 2! I spend more $$$ on beer in a month than it would cost to replace.GM Tech2 Tech 2 II GM Scanner with CANdi TIS

Old 03-11-2021, 08:59 PM

hahahahh good idea!!!!

Old 03-12-2021, 05:15 AM

Seem to have I lost my pics of the Tech2 pcbs, it should be coming back next week, I can answer your question then.

New T2 on order, just the Tech2 itself, VCI module and GM PCMCIA card, it's the minimum they would sell. all in it cost $257 including shipping an taxes, £184 in my zone.

It's the same electronics, so my old one will be good for spares

The one on your site is a good price, actually think it may be the same source.

Anyway that's my beer money gone

Quick Reply: TECH 2 Stopped working