Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

TC2 not working?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 04:07 AM
Default TC2 not working?

My TC2 button doesn't light up in my 2005 Hummer H2. Dealer says there is no light behind it and they think it is functioning fine. Also told me he did a bulb check with his scanner and that was fine too. Trying to find out if there is a light in the TC2 button. Manual says light will come on when the truck is started but I see nothing. Any help would be great.

Old 09-06-2019, 10:07 AM

Just so happens I drive a 2005 too!

Well think your dealer may be mistaken, just took mine for a spin and snapped these pics.

In truth there is no Lamp/LED direct "behind" the button, its actually at the bottom left of the TC2 switch segment. As you say its doesn't show the lamp.

BTW it only comes on in 4-Wheel Lock modes.

Old 09-06-2019, 11:43 AM

Never even noticed that before.... More GM cost cutting I guess but apparently they took the wording off the button panels on later years. And yes, I rearranged the order on mine since I use the TC the least I put it in the bottom position and also obviously changed the lighting to red. The button itself does not light up and the LED will not come on unless, as Oceanbrave mentioned, it is in one of the 4 lock modes. I do like that mine has wording on the panels though. Make it much easier to see at night for sure.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:37 PM

Thanks, Guys. My truck is still in the shop but I don't ever remember seeing the little light in the lower-left corner. I will look Monday and send a new post. Enjoy the Weekend!

Old 09-07-2019, 11:41 AM

MixManSC

I'm always amazed at the subtle nuances between model years, must be a nightmare for spares suppliers.

Indeed yours are much nicer, when I 1st got my truck I had to look-up what the all buttons did!

Old 09-07-2019, 02:41 PM

So I got my truck back and the dealer says it's fine. There is a light there and it is not working. Tells me if I want to buy a new switch he will install it. Dealer Just made a boatload of cash off me and now will do nothing. I have bought many used cars and this is by far the worst service ever. Oh Well, I guess you can't win them all. Still, love the truck!

Old 09-08-2019, 11:51 AM

PCK9

Here is some info that may help.

I hooked up my TECH2 but couldn't find a function to test/check the TC2 Button or Lamp, that's not to say its not there, I just couldn't find it.

HOWEVER, when you turn on the Ignition ALL the traction control Lamps light up momentarily, including the TC2 button and the extended ride height !

So if your TC2 lamp doesn't illuminate then it probably is a dead bulb/LED

Hope this helps

Old 09-08-2019, 04:23 PM

Thank you for all the help from everyone. I think the bulb is blown so maybe at some point I will replace it.

Old 09-09-2019, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by PCK9
Thank you for all the help from everyone. I think the bulb is blown so maybe at some point I will replace it.
So just to confirm for the forum, did all the other Lamps come on except the TC2 ?

Old 09-09-2019, 06:20 AM

I don’t have the leveling button and my tow button lights on the dash. All my 4x4 buttons light so I guess just the tc2 is out.

Quick Reply: TC2 not working?