Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Still having trouble aligning my truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2024, 12:10 AM
Default Still having trouble aligning my truck

Got the new lowers figured out with new adjustable torsion keys. I was able to get the correct height i needed to align it.

I still have an issue though. After replacing both upper and lower control arms. I can’t get the camber/caster i need. Now i am eyeballing this in my garage with tape measures and a digital level. But replacing those obviously tired bushings did nothing to help my alignment. I still can’t get over 3.3 caster on the passenger side without going negative in the camber.

The drivers side is fine but the front cam bolt on the passenger side has to be completely maxed out.
I now see why I’ve pissed off every local alignment shop I’ve been to.

then of course I wanted to level the truck by moving another notch on the adjustable key. again. Drivers side is fine but as I kind of expected I can’t get any positive camber at all on the passenger side. I can tell even just by looking at it the wheel is cambered in slightly. I have verified I’ve only leveled by less than two inches and both sides are even.

has anyone had this issue? Is this a common thing? I think I’ve seen a few 2500s with maxed out cams on the passenger side. Always assumed it was just a worn bushing.

im going to pick up a set of moog ck620053 upper arms with +2 degrees of camber with offset bushings and I think I’ll be able to at least mask this issue. But what the hell caused this? I haven’t hit anything crazy. Unless the previous owner wrecked it.

i know this isn’t normal because it would be impossible to level these trucks and not demolish tires.

Old 05-30-2024, 08:21 AM

The only way to know for sure is to bring it to a frame shop and have the frame checked,

What's your target specs

Neal

Old 05-30-2024, 02:29 PM

Gavin, anything is possible, as you've said, lots of things could come into play, even a really bad curb strike or 4wd episode by a previous owner, accident though I am sure you checked the records. Lots of issue can cause a frame to be slightly off of square affecting all type of frame geometry.

Short of throwing it up on a Chief Velocity digital frame machine to find out if there is a frame issue the Moog CK620053's should put you where you need to be. It really sucks to have to tear everything apart then have to do it again!