Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Still getting water in '08 H2!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 08:03 PM

yup thats why i had to wash mine out there where packed with dirt and pine needles.
hah. if you look in the video at 2:16 you see the adhesive remnants i mentioned. it is right at the curve that causes the water leaks.
​​​​​​

by the way he did not put it on correctly. it should not wind up short when you get to the back door. you can see he has slack at the curve that he needed to pull out.

Last edited by bronxteck; 01-26-2020 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
by the way he did not put it on correctly. it should not wind up short when you get to the back door. you can see he has slack at the curve that he needed to pull out.
Did you get the point? Btw, don't use a camera during the procedure! Even, using fast dry, 15minute dry time caulk, gives you time to make it fit right. Prep/Clean/Patience is the key!

Old 01-26-2020, 11:11 PM

I've brought several of these back to life by removing, cleaning out all the channels like new, re-pinch the weatherstrip so it clinches the plastic molding tightly. Hook it at the bottom of the A-Pillar and drop 2 small drops of 3m Black Super Weatherstrip 03602 in the locations below and stretch up the A-column until that black wall fits perfectly in the molding slot. Tape it tight with duct tape for 24 hours. Next day stretch the weatherstrip to the top of the back door and then at each halfway point press the weatherstrip back up on the molding until it's been fully re-installed.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:22 AM

Oh so I was suspecting that weather stripping but the door wasn't geting wet. But I guess you are saying that it runs down the pillar and then ultimately onto the floor without even getting the door wet? That must be it!

Old 01-27-2020, 08:15 AM

If you want to ensure you've found the problem do exactly what Hummerz said above and blast it with water, but first remove your A-pillar grab handle and A-pillar interior trim, keeping all the wether stripping in place. You should be able to see water coming in and can get to the source. The weatherstrip repair like the one above usually only resolves dripping on the arm bolster of the door panel by water leaking through that slot where the small weatherstrip notch should be between the A-pillar plastic molding and plastic roof molding, but perhaps it could be your issue as well - it's just too hard to say without testing it.

Old 01-27-2020, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by firmani99
Oh so I was suspecting that weather stripping but the door wasn't geting wet. But I guess you are saying that it runs down the pillar and then ultimately onto the floor without even getting the door wet? That must be it!
The only way to truly know what is going on is to set a hose on the roof and sit inside, and watch for the leak. That's what I had to do to figure mine out.

Old 01-28-2020, 02:57 PM

Do you have a sunroof? Fought with this issue for some time before I decided to approach the sunroof drains from the exit ports of the drain tubes. That finally fixed my issue.

Leaks from the front dome lights come from the center cab lights. Water from the 2nd row dome light happens because of the rear drains on the sunroof being clogged.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by firmani99
Post an update after your fix. Every Hummer owner needs to know the ways to prevent water intrusion!

Old 01-29-2020, 11:18 AM

I do have a sunroof but there doesn't seem to be any water on the ceiling at all. I checked the front drains and they seem clear.

Old 01-29-2020, 01:08 PM

You wont be able actually see the water spilling over from the sunroof water catch pans. the headliner has a hard backing, so the water is able to runoff from the sunroof and over to the corner pillars. To test this, fill you up a cup of water and pour it into the pan. if the drains are unclogged, you will hear a suction sound coming from each drain port. If it slowly drains and you do not hear the sucking sound, you most likely have debris down in the section of the line that turns a 90 degree angle to exit through the firewall. If the drains are not able to dump the water faster than they are filling up, the water will have no other option than to spill over on the headliner and down the pillar.

Quick Reply: Still getting water in '08 H2!!