Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Still getting water in '08 H2!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2020, 05:16 PM
Default Still getting water in '08 H2!!

I am getting water on the floor of my passenger side. I also used to get water through the ceiling dome lights. I have sealed the roof lights, including the grommet on the marker lights. I also sealed the plastic door above the blower motor under the cowl. But I am still getting water on the passenger side floor. It seems like it is in the center where you put your feet but I can't for the life of me figure out where it is coming from.

I have made sure that the outer door trim is in the correct spot but I have not run ATV around it. The thing is the door and pillar handle are 100% dry. I even put paper towels all over the door so I could see what gets wet and that is totally dry. I am completely lost. Nothing else seems wet.

Old 01-25-2020, 06:48 PM

Did you look under the carpet?

Old 01-25-2020, 07:35 PM

Yep. The padding is wet but only int he same spot, I can't tell which direction it's coming from. It's crazy. It is almost like it is dripping right onto that spot but everything above is dry. PLus the first time I noticed it, it was wet under the mat but the mat was dry. now I don't have a mat it there. It's driving me nuts.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:36 PM

Did you look under the padding?

Old 01-25-2020, 07:50 PM

Yep. Still can't tell which direction it is coming from. It must absorb into the padding and everything around it looks dry. It doesn't seem to be coming from the front and I can't see how it could come from the center console or rear. It must be coming from the door side but the door and everything around it is dry.

Old 01-25-2020, 07:56 PM

Prop up(or remove) the carpet, dry out the floor pan. Close doors/windows, blast exterior with water. Then check the floor pan and follow the leak.

Last edited by hummerz; 01-25-2020 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-26-2020, 11:39 AM

Good idea, I am going to try that.

Old 01-26-2020, 12:19 PM

after going through all of the same things, I found that my windshield was leaking up top about 8 inches over from the pillar. It would drip down on the dash and run down onto the carpet. Unfortunately it took me pulling the headliner to find it. I need to get the headliner redone anyhow from the constant damn water leaks. I also found the windshield was leaking at the same spot on the drivers side.

Im still trying to fix the damn door molding on the drivers side. I even repalced it with a $100 new one, still leaks. The leaks on the H2 have been my constant PITA......irritates the **** out of me

Old 01-26-2020, 12:31 PM

have you tried using 1/4 0r 3/8" wide 3M double sided molding adhesive tape on the upper corner curve to keep it in place?? its helped me for a bit. I noticed on my weather-strips when I removed them to wash and re seat them that the corner had remnants of something similar or some sort of dried out adhesive in that location. idk it looked like it was factory not something that was added by the previous owner.

Old 01-26-2020, 01:48 PM

Just need a good quality tube of clear silicone caulk. Prep/clean/patience is the key.

Quick Reply: Still getting water in '08 H2!!