Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Someone glued the door seals to my Hummer

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 12:02 PM

I figure that is when I'll truly narrow down and kill every last leak since I'll have the inside of the roof fully exposed and visible.
My Man... I will waiting with Bated Breath... Big undertaking. At one point in my H2's leak chasing while under Factory warranty, The HUMMER Mechanic..(Who is Excellent By The way) after taking the roof track out said that he found a few pinch welds from the factory that were bad. He said he addressed them.

That was Years ago... and the leaks still move around everytime you seal something. I think once you drop everything inside and water test the roof you'll be able to see what's What...

PLEASE KEEP US POSTED WITH POST'S AND PIC'S IF POSSIBLE. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HOLD THE KEY FOR ALL OF US WITH LEAKING H2'S.

Old 08-03-2018, 04:01 PM

Yes, I fit the door seal snug into the A pillar bend and then used black silicone on top. It has not leaked since. And we've had a ton of hardcore down pours this summer. Haven't had even a drop of water in my truck. I know that it was the door seal because I pulled all the trim off and pulled the headliner down low enough to where I could see. I put the hose on the roof full blast and just sat in there until I saw it coming in through the top door seal. From there it was going down the drivers side A pillar and all over the door. I also cleaned the inside of the seal and blew it out with high pressure air then applied it back to the door with black silicone inside of it, to help it stick to the door better. I had to do this in addition to sealing all marker lights on the front and back.

Last edited by hummer_on_fumes; 08-03-2018 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:12 PM

What about under that seal edge. Also what is the expectation. With my door open and the water hose sitting on top in the roof rail I see some drops trickle from the bottom of the seal. I suspect if the door was shut it would not come inside from that spot. I was able to get rid of the worst spot in the bend. It poured right through. I think my corner lights are good now. The headliner does not get wet in the corner like before. I need to do more extended testing. I still dont have the gaskets for the other 6 marker lights. So that is coming.

Can you tell tell me what to expect with the door open. I dont want to keep chasing false hopes if it’s expected.

Ill get a video of my next test... I need to move past this. Seems like I will never get it to stop 100%

Last edited by myrddin; 08-03-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by myrddin
What about under that seal edge. Also what is the expectation. With my door open and the water hose sitting on top in the roof rail I see some drops trickle from the bottom of the seal. I suspect if the door was shut it would not come inside from that spot. I was able to get rid of the worst spot in the bend. It poured right through. I think my corner lights are good now. The headliner does not get wet in the corner like before. I need to do more extended testing. I still dont have the gaskets for the other 6 marker lights. So that is coming.

Can you tell tell me what to expect with the door open. I dont want to keep chasing false hopes if it’s expected.

Ill get a video of my next test... I need to move past this. Seems like I will never get it to stop 100%
I honestly never tested with the door open. I ran the hose with the door shut while I sat inside and watched for the leak to appear

Old 08-03-2018, 04:17 PM

The seal is basically a channel for the water. In my case it was bypassing that and going inside the car. The silicone on top keeps the water going into the channel and down the tube then under the car as intended

Old 08-03-2018, 04:47 PM

Ok so to be clear, the goal is to test that no water enters the inside with the door shut. Is that true? (Makes sense).

i am waiting for more sealant to dry and I’ll get a few videos of the door open test (looking for feedback there) and I’ll also sit inside with doors shut looking for water entering the inside or looking for a wet headliner, or floorboard.

Old 08-03-2018, 08:00 PM

Ok with the door open I still get some drops and small streams. Door shut I can’t see anything at all. So I guess since I don’t drive with my doors open I should stop

here is is what I see with doors open

Sorry for the poor video quality

Last edited by myrddin; 08-03-2018 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:00 AM

Ok ..Now this gives something to try. I'll "RTV" up the top edge's of that door seal... Never thought water could get past that point. My door seal is New...the one from the outer windshield A pillar up and over the bend to the end of the rear door. I'll hope that stops the leak inside on the top of the A pillar head liner.

Thanks for the info guys... Can't wait to see what happens.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:57 PM

Goodluck Mark! What I’ve learned is seal the plug under the corner lights... replace the gasket under the 6 clearance lights... seal the door seal (mostly the bend (top and bottom) near the windshield. And make sure the drains are not clogged or disconnected on your sun roof... and last of all sometimes the seam sealer cracks and leaks under the roof rack rail. And I did see that under the front cowel where the fresh air vent is that there is a panel that can come loose too... make sure it’s sealed up.

Old 08-05-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by myrddin
Goodluck Mark! What I’ve learned is seal the plug under the corner lights... replace the gasket under the 6 clearance lights... seal the door seal (mostly the bend (top and bottom) near the windshield. And make sure the drains are not clogged or disconnected on your sun roof... and last of all sometimes the seam sealer cracks and leaks under the roof rack rail. And I did see that under the front cowel where the fresh air vent is that there is a panel that can come loose too... make sure it’s sealed up.

Thanks Dude...

All my Front Marker lights are sealed with RTV. No Leakes There. I also added some Screen door small type screen in the drain area in the roof track which letts the water running down from the roof track drain under the Left Marker Top marker light. I was collecting "Broccoli topes... (What I call Them) from some of the trees near my H2.

They had clogged the area Under the top plastic side trim at the top just under the roof track. I cleaned that out with a Piece of Hanger wire. I got a Ton of gack out of there. That was last year. The leak still continued. So I got some "Cork Tape) which is used on A/C pipes to stop condensation. It's that Black gooey stuff. I jammed that in the roof track drain hole so no water can run in there.

That kinda slowed the leak down. Now I'm going to try RTV-ing that Door stripping at the bend and beyound and see what happens. I hope this stops the seepage at the A pillar headliner area.

Quick Reply: Someone glued the door seals to my Hummer