Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

"Service Air Suspension"

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 09:11 AM
Default "Service Air Suspension"

Hello all! New to the forum as I just purchased an H2 for the first time this week. Actually, my wife is the one that wanted it!

I've done a lot of searches on here about the "Service Air Ride" message in the dash board, which of course mine is on. I can hear the compressor "ticking" from time to time after shutting the vehicle off. I crawled underneath to inspect and noticed that a previous owner removed the air bags and replaced with coil springs. That's fine by me, but I would like the error message to disappear. What happens if I just unplug the compressor?

I have also read on hear about removing a relay from the engine fuse box. Would removing it make the message disappear and kill power to the compressor, or do I need to take to a dealer to clear the code?

It is very irritating, the message constantly flashes every 30 seconds or so anytime we are driving.

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-16-2020, 04:16 PM

If you do not wish to keep the tire inflator (if it's still functional) then try this.

Unplug the Air Suspension module making in sure the connectors are protected against the elements. Then disconnect and reconnect the battery, this should cause the BCU to map-out the AS system and remove the message.

Keep us posted on the outcome 🙂

Old 10-21-2020, 08:10 AM

After unhooking the module, and then disconnecting the battery, the error message still remained. So I then removed the fuse/relay and disconnected the battery again, and the error message seemed to stay off. Took it for a 3 mile drive and it never came on. Told the wife to report back if she sees it again, hopefully it is solved.

Old 10-22-2020, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by bincitybandit
After unhooking the module, and then disconnecting the battery, the error message still remained. So I then removed the fuse/relay and disconnected the battery again, and the error message seemed to stay off. Took it for a 3 mile drive and it never came on. Told the wife to report back if she sees it again, hopefully it is solved.
Good job!

Not sure why the fuse or relay removed the message, but its still good news

Old 09-08-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by bincitybandit
N00b here -- can you elaborate on how you did this so I can try this?

I purchased an H2 where the previous owner replaced the air suspension with coils but the message is always there....

If you can tell me how my mechanic can do this, than I can just print this out and show him.

Much appreciated =)