Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Seeking recommendations for 6" lift, wheels, tires, tie rods, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2020, 05:37 AM
Default Seeking recommendations for 6" lift, wheels, tires, tie rods, etc.

Hi,
I live in an off-road area which is prone to flooding and rutted roads. My 2006 H2 needs to be lifted - I will be purchasing a kit later this week or next week, so hoping I can get a few recommendations soon.
  • I have been looking at the dual shock system by BulletProof but it's too expensive https://www.bulletproofsuspension.ne...inch-lift-kit/. Have any of you had any luck with other systems? I really need something that can hold up to bad roads.
  • I have the standard size factory tire and wheel but plan to upgrade those later as funds become available. I was thinking about going with 40" tires and 20X10 rims but would love recommendations, especially based on the 6" lift.
  • I also need to replace the tie rods, after researching and trying to find something a lot more durable - I was thinking of using Kryptonite - https://kryptoniteproducts.com/produ...eries-tie-rods - has anyone used these?
Any suggestions/recommendations on "heavy duty" for the above would be greatly appreciated. I plan to do a video of before and after to share on Youtube with follow-ups at 6 months.

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-30-2020, 03:36 PM

I put DMax XD tie rods on mine and they are huge and about $100 less than your link. I just grabbed this link so the part # might not be right but here's an example:
https://dmaxstore.com/products/?rout...roduct_id=2594

I have 20x12 wheels with 35x12.5 BFG's and couldn't be happier. They ride great down the highway and have good grip off road. I do get a little rubbing on the inner fender but not often and all I did was use a leveling key. My wheels and tires came from Custom Offsets. You can view other H2's on there as well with different wheel and tire combo's.

Tim

Old 10-01-2020, 11:26 AM

Thank you Tim - I went on the websites you mentioned - I definitively found the wheels and tires I want to purchase - the price seems really reasonable. On the tie rods - the only thing different that I found beyond price was that Kryptonite offers a lifetime warranty - where I live that might be the best option. I pretty much have to rebuild my front end suspension so I was trying to find a package deal - that included ball joints, idler, pitman, etc.

-Rachael