Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Running board/side step options

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 09:08 PM
Default Running board/side step options

While under truck I noticed the drivers side running board is splitting and I'm not a light weight, lol so would like to replace.

Not interested in "used" factory boards, if avail. new are $$$ and power boards are even more expensive!

So thinking of basic hoops?
Also would look clean imo.

The truck is built (front end) with a GMT820 frame, so would steps from any GMT820 frame would work?

*not affiliate link
example example

These state they fit the GMC Yukon and Yukon XL years 1992-2018, built on same frame.
Chevy Tahoe 1991-2018 same frame, etc...

Anyone tried?
Also says drilling required, so any universal side hoops will work with a little drilling?

Even considered DIY power boards with 3" box tubing HD hinges and 270lbs actuators per side if I'm drilling either way.
Simple trigger with relay from dome light (dome light illuminates when unlocked).

Thoughts?

Last edited by XLRH2; 09-17-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:12 AM

Its is not the same frame as the GM trucks and SUV's.... the H2 frame is specific to the H2 only. The front suspension area is based on the GM HD2500, the rear on HD1500, custom fully boxed and welded center section.

Old 09-25-2023, 12:48 PM

My H2 came to me w/ power slide boards (neither of my 2 previous H2's had them) and I thought they were a bit overkill, but now I regard them as one of the best features of the truck. If you can afford a set I highly recommend them!

Old 09-25-2023, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by skiracer
My H2 came to me w/ power slide boards (neither of my 2 previous H2's had them) and I thought they were a bit overkill, but now I regard them as one of the best features of the truck. If you can afford a set I highly recommend them!

I recently put on a pair of the AMP Research retracting side steps in place of the factory rock sliders. Absolutely love them. Very easy install as well, bolts right up to the original rock slider holes, and uses the original bolts as well.

Old 09-26-2023, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by zenith
I recently put on a pair of the AMP Research retracting side steps in place of the factory rock sliders. Absolutely love them. Very easy install as well, bolts right up to the original rock slider holes, and uses the original bolts as well.
I had forgotten the brand but mine are also AMP Research and I am also very impressed w/ how well the work and how reliable they have been over the past 8 years.

Old 09-26-2023, 03:55 PM

Haha I ironically just posted my amp boards up for sale but they’re broken. I absolutely loved them but I needed something tougher for off-roading.
Do you have rock rails installed? There are some hoop style ones out there that connect easily to them. Maybe even a fab shop could make some that connect to the oem sliders.

If you want to diy it. The board section of my amps are in good shape if you just add actuators. I’m definitely flexible on price.

Last edited by Gavin Costigan; 09-26-2023 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-14-2023, 12:02 PM

I just purchased my H2 last week and it has these on it. I like them, but it is missing the one for the rear driver's side door. Does anyone know what brand this and where I can purchase one? I've searched the internet already and haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in Advance,

Lee

Old 12-15-2023, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by H2BlackBeast

I just purchased my H2 last week and it has these on it. I like them, but it is missing the one for the rear driver's side door. Does anyone know what brand this and where I can purchase one? I've searched the internet already and haven't been able to find it.

Thanks in Advance,

Lee
Those are the factory optional U-steps and are an original Hummer part. Expensive but very desirable. They often pop up on eBay or one of the Facebook Hummer groups. Plan to spend a couple hundred for a single one. All 4 are interchangeable so you dont need to looks for one for a specific position....