Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 10:27 AM
Default Rear Seat DVD Entertainment System

I am looking to add the Headrest Monitors and rear seat DVD. For those who have it, would you go OEM or after-market ? If OEM, where does the DVD deck mount ? Does it interface with the OEM Navigation Head unit ? Is there a different console to mount it in ? What all components do I need ??? This is for 2005 H2...

Old 02-04-2020, 03:13 PM

search ebay- You can usually find everything there
Its stand alone, it does NOT integrate to the stock radio/nav unit, other than if you use the selector for fm channel to broadcast sound.
The entire system sits in the center console.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:15 PM

Actually there are two different OEM headrest systems. Earlier H@ the screen in the headrest was just a monitor and the player was integrated into the stereo. Later on they moved to headrests with each one being a separate DVD player/monitor combo. Finally, I believe in 2009 they went to the same roof mounted version found in Escalades. Mine is an 08 and it came with the DVD/Monitor combos. They were both inoperable when I bought the vehicle thanks to a bungled theft attempt. I have yet to find replacement OEM head units anywhere. The older style monitor only with all associated gear that mounts under the center console can be found on eBay. I intend to just get a set of plain headrests and remove the DVD players since they cannot be fixed.

Old 10-25-2021, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by bikerbum
Actually there are two different OEM headrest systems. Earlier H@ the screen in the headrest was just a monitor and the player was integrated into the stereo. Later on they moved to headrests with each one being a separate DVD player/monitor combo. Finally, I believe in 2009 they went to the same roof mounted version found in Escalades. Mine is an 08 and it came with the DVD/Monitor combos. They were both inoperable when I bought the vehicle thanks to a bungled theft attempt. I have yet to find replacement OEM head units anywhere. The older style monitor only with all associated gear that mounts under the center console can be found on eBay. I intend to just get a set of plain headrests and remove the DVD players since they cannot be fixed.
You wouldn't by chance still have your old DVD headrest, that you would let go for a cheap price. I am considering getting something like that for our two little ones for the long trips. I used to repair consumer electronics years ago and they might be repairable.