Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Rear hatch ajar

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2024, 03:12 PM
Default Rear hatch ajar

Yes, changed both latches at the bottom corners. This afternoon I will be replacing the actuator that's in the middle that pulls on both the cables. And looking at the wiring diagram I don't see the pink and black wire that goes to the body control module to let you know it's ajar. Tracing it on the wiring schematics from the body control module, I discovered it goes straight to the rear windshield wiper module that is also in the rear hatch. The schematic for that module shows the pink wire as the door ajar signal. Completely baffled how that is supposed to work because I cannot locate any wiring from either of the two latches or the central actuator that goes to the wiper module. Interestingly, it appears everybody is out of stock on that part. I guess this afternoon I'll replace that main actuator and if that doesn't solve it I will ground the pink wire. That should make the message go away on the dash. If it doesn't go away then it's a bad body control module. If there's no replacement available for the wiper control module in the rear hatch, I may have to ground that wire in the hatchSo that it won't send the signal and randomly set my alarm off at night. But the bottom line is I can find no logic for that connection on the rear wiper module. It seems to make no sense.

Old 06-12-2024, 03:19 PM
Default Diagram close ups

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
rwschematic.pdf (2.03 MB, 18 views)
Old 06-12-2024, 03:56 PM
Default Just thinking out loud here

I guess it would make sense for the signal to travel to the wiper motor, it's the purpose was to prevent the wiper motor from functioning with the hatch open? Just a thought. Otherwise I just can't figure out what the GM Engineers had in mind

Old 06-13-2024, 04:34 PM

Robert looking at the schematic how this thing works is a mystery? As you said, I don't see any tie back to the BCM. Since I have always owned SUT's with mid gates and those work completely different then the lift gate I can offer little help.

I know the SUV has a couple of latch assemblies and 2 switches with 2 connectors one on each side that sense when the lift gate is open. My guess is that power to the latch switches will interrupt power to motor and wiper circuit as well to prevent the locks from getting out of sequence when the lift gate is popped. But the schematic doesn't reflect any of that and like you said I don't see that leads back to the BCM? And where is the actuator and the power feed? Could there be a second page to this schematic. Also, is it possible there could be a ground missing issue?

Hopefully Hummerz or Mixman has been in the bowels of the liftgate and can chime in.